9 - History Repeating

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 9: History Repeating
Word Count: 2934

Ariana's POV

"Have you spoke to Bonnie today?" I asked Caroline as I walked towards school with her. Elena had already ran off to look for Bonnie.

"Of course not, I'm still mad at her." Caroline replied.

"I get that, but why? What did she do?" I questioned.

"She's a thief! She stole the necklace from me. I asked for it back and she refuses to return it! I had it first." Caroline stated. The bell rang. "I'll see you at lunch, Ari."

"Yeah, bye, C!" I waved goodbye and headed to History. We were supposed to be getting a new teacher after Tanner's death.

I took my seat beside Elena, who was already in her seat, and a few seconds after, the teacher entered.

"Alright everyone, take your seats!" The teacher spoke. "My name is Alaric Saltzman! I get that it's a lot to say, but feel free to call me Ric, or Mr Saltzman will do just fine. I'm your new History teacher!" He introduced himself.

---

I finished my lunch and went looking for Caroline. Bonnie was explaining to Elena something about being haunted, but I didn't really care. I knew that it sounded rude but, I just didn't want to hear ghost stories.

I pulled out my phone.

Bestie💜xxx
Hey, where are you? I'm bored xx

Bestie❤️xxx
Hey, Ari, I've just finished talking to Matt, I'm near the buses xx

Bestie💜xxx
On my way! Xx

I switched my phone off again and walked out to the front of school, where I found Caroline watching Matt walk away from her. I hurried over to her.

"Hey, C. Do you like Matt?" I immediately asked, smiling.

"What? Why would you think that?" She questioned, looking defensive. I raised my hands in surrender.

"It was just a question." I mumbled, but I couldn't help but smile a little.

"Sorry. Um, I'm not sure if I like him or not." Caroline stated.

"What happened between you and Damon?" I asked. Caroline shrugged.

"I hate him. He called me names, treated me like nothing." She whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Really? I didn't think that Damon was that kind of person." I said.

"Well he is, I don't trust him at all. But he seems to be different around you." Caroline commented. "Lets go." So we walked off together. I saw Elena and she looked like she was about to burst into tears. I turned to Caroline.

"I'll call you later, okay?" I said, Caroline nodded and waved goodbye to me with a smile. I walked over to Elena. "Are you okay, E?" I asked.

"Stefan's not coming back to school." She whispered. "I think he's doing it to avoid me." Great, more boy drama... First, Caroline and Matt. Now, Elena and Stefan.

"I'm sure you'll work it out." I assured my twin. She nodded and we began to walk into school. I turned and saw Damon and Bonnie talking, but Bonnie looked like she wanted to run away from Damon right there. I entered the school, lunch was almost over.

---

School was over. Bonnie was driving Elena and I home.

"I don't trust him, guys! He freaked me out." Bonnie said, talking about Damon.