17 - Rescue Me

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 17: Rescue Me
Word Count: 2835

No one's POV

At the Salvatore house, Ariana lay awake in Damon's bed. She was in deep thought until she heard her phone start buzzing on the nightstand. She picked it up and saw that it was an alarm.

12:00pm
Jer's parent/teacher conference w/ Elena

After sitting there for a few minutes, she looked over at Damon, who was sleeping, and tried to sneak out of the bed. But Damon just so happened to open his eyes at that moment.

"Good morning, sunshine."

"Oh! Um, did I wake you?" Ariana asked him, quite sheepishly.

"No, I've been up for three hours." Damon informed, a lazy smirk appearing on his gorgeous face.

"Really? Because you didn't say a word." Ariana pointed out.

"Neither did you."

"Well, that's because I didn't really have much to say. Nothing has changed. We're still bad for each other and we are still broken up." Ariana sighed. "Last night was a mistake."

"Maybe we should keep making mistakes? Big ones." Damon smirked, reaching over to grab Ariana's hand, lacing their fingers.

Ariana paused for a second as if contemplating that, and she definitely enjoyed the feeling of his hand in hers. She was tempted to stay, but eventually decided against it and went to leave. Before she could, Damon, who was still naked, vamp sped up to her and prevented her from going.

"Oh! Seriously, Damon." Ariana forced herself not to dare look down at her naked former lover. "Put some clothes on, or at least get out of my way. I need to go."

"Your loss. I make one hell of a naked breakfast." Damon teased, trying to tempt Ariana into staying. Taking one subtle glance down, Ariana was definitely wanting to stay for what Damon called 'a naked breakfast', but she knew that it definitely wasn't for the best.

She reluctantly snuck past Damon to leave.

---

People were lined up, each standing in front of a table at the high school. Ariana and Elena stood in one of the lines, and Elena was on the phone to Bonnie while Ariana was paying attention to one of the teacher's speaking.

"As the guidance counsellor, you'll first meet with me individually and then you'll have an open house with your child's teachers."

Getting bored, Ariana started to tune the teacher out and decided to listen in to Elena's and Bonnie's phone conversation.

"Hey, Bon."

"Hey. I got a text from Ana but I think her phone's turned off. She said she has a friend emergency, and she sent the same message to Caroline, but she's off with Enzo somewhere."

"Ari just wanted you and Caroline's comfort. She and Damon broke up. It's final."

"Oh my God. When did it happen?"

"She told me it was last night, but when she didn't come home last night, I kind of suspected what went down."

"She slept with him?"

"Post breakup."

"Ugh."

"I can hear you, Bon." Ariana sighed, loud enough for Bonnie to hear on the other end, causing Elena to glance at her and chuckle, still with her phone pressed to her ear. A chuckle was heard on the other end of the phone.