10 - The Turning Point

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 10: The Turning Point
Word Count: 2987

Ariana's POV

I grabbed my jacket and tied it around my waist to complete my outfit, it was sunny but it could possibly get colder later on in the day. I walked downstairs and grabbed my bag and left the house with Elena. As always, Bonnie picked us up and drove us to school.

When the three of us walked through the hallways, I smiled when I saw Caroline and Matt hanging out and chatting. They had been hanging out a lot lately, I'm glad that my best friend had moved on from Damon.

"I'm glad she's happy." I said to Bonnie and Elena as we watched Caroline laugh at something that Matt said.

"Yeah, they hang out all of the time now." Bonnie stated. "It's good that Caroline has Matt. She deserves someone like him, and not a creepy vampire serial killer like Damon." Bonnie added.

Yep, Bonnie knew about vampires now.

"Oh, I almost forgot. How are you... Handling that... Information?" I didn't know how to word my question properly.

"Well, at first, I was extremely freaked out. But now, I'm slowly getting used to it." Bonnie responded. I nodded.

---

I was walking with Elena, we both had a free period. We were laughing together and joking around, enjoying ourselves. But suddenly, Elena immediately shut up. I turned towards her, confused, but she was looking at something in front of her.

I followed her gaze and saw what she was staring. Stefan was leaning against one of the buses, smiling softly.

"Uhh, I'll leave. You go talk to him." I whispered to Elena and turned to walk away. But a hand wrapped around my wrist. I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

"No, you're coming with me." Was all Elena said as she began dragging me towards Stefan. We stopped in front of him.

"Hi Elena, Ariana." Stefan greeted us. "Can the three of us talk? It's important."

---

"Another vampire in town!? Really!?" I exclaimed, but it was still quiet enough so no passers by heard me mention the word 'vampire'...

"Yeah. It has to be someone new. If they left a body just lying out there like that, it's either very sloppy work or they did it to send a type of message." Stefan stated. "Look, you need to be careful. Look after eachother." He added. We nodded.

"When we saw you, I thought that you might've come to say goodbye." Elena confessed.

"Not just yet..." Stefan whispered.

---

Caroline's POV

"Can you hurry up? You're wasting my time!" I said through the phone. I was holding this weird compass thing and I was on the phone to Damon. He wanted me to get the compass, I didn't know why.

"Just be patient, I'm on my way!" Damon responded.

"Well then, get here quicker." I muttered.

"Give it to me." A voice startled me. I turned around and saw Damon. I hung up the phone and passed him the compass.

"I have no idea why you needed me to come and get this, but I've got more important things to do. Can I go now?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at Damon. He looked into my eyes.

"Yes. Drive to wherever you need to be and forget what I asked you to do." He instructed. I smiled.

"Okay! Bye." I flirtatiously said. I waved goodbye and hopped into my car. I saw Damon enter the building that we were stood by. I started up my car and began driving.