9 - Homecoming

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 9: Homecoming
Word Count: 1865

No one's POV

In the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan, Ariana, Elena, Nathan, and Mikael were all gathered together.

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Ana in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan shrugged.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Ariana questioned.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic." Damon spoke.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process, discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan said.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead--"

"We drove it through his heart." Elena cut Ariana off.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Ariana wondered.

"Good point!" Damon turned towards Nathan and Elena. "You two have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him... last thing we need is you guys getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at us. We are just in charge of getting him back here." Nathan defended.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." Ariana pointed out.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael spoke up. Ariana turned towards him.

"What if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well, that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him. I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael dipped a dagger in the ashes of the white oak tree. "You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So... it falls to you." Mikael handed over the dagger to Ariana, who was shocked.

"You want me to actually dagger you?"

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust." Mikael told.

---

Nathan was calling Klaus, who was in the woods in Portland.

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father is dead."

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

So, Nathan explained. After he did, Klaus was shocked.

"...I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever."

"If you are lying to me, Nathan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

"I wanna talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem. She is right here."

Stefan handed over the phone to Rebekah.

"Hello, Nik."

"Rebekah! What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with a dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you."