4 - The Five

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 4: The Five
Word Count: 2383

No one's POV

Damon, Ariana, and Elena were crashing Bonnie's trip to Whitmore College. The professor that took over her Grams' classes had invited her.

Outside the college, Damon, Ariana, Elena, and Bonnie pulled up to the front of the school and got out of Damon's car.

The four of them walked off.

---

Elena, Bonnie, Ariana, and Damon entered the classroom where Professor Shane was teaching.

"When I say the word 'witch', what pops into your head? Halloween costume? Villain of a fairy tale? Maybe an ex-girlfriend? Well, whatever image it is, it's probably not Tanyell Soso of Montego, Cameroon." Professor Shane rambled on.

Elena, Bonnie, Ariana, and Damon all sat down.

"Is that him?" Elena whispered, to which Bonnie nodded.

"Yeah."

"He's hot." Ariana commented, staring over at the hot professor. Overhearing her, Damon rolled his eyes, pushing away his jealousy.

"Now, in reality, or in this reality at least, witches appear to cross every culture in history." Professor Shane continued. "They're the architects of the supernatural; responsible for everything that goes bump in the night, from ghosts, to vampires, to doppelgängers."

"What is this guy, Witchipedia?" Damon joked quietly, causing Ariana to laugh in a hushed tone, before they zoned back in to Professor Shane's boring speech.

"Now, if you're a skeptic, you'd call that a coincidence. But, if you're a true believer, you know that there's really no such thing. It scares the crap out of us."

"Hey..." Damon whispered to Ariana. "You're doing surprisingly well for a newbie, but we're here for a reason."

"And that reason is?" Ariana whispered back.

"Pick someone." Damon gestured to the crowd of people in their seats. Ariana looked at him in surprise, but eventually started to look at the other people in the classroom. She looked at a boy in the front of the class. "Stoner guys are no good to grab. They're too paranoid and you don't want the extra buzz." So, they looked further down the row. "Now, she is a fun size, a tutor. Geeky girls are inherently suspicious of anyone who is nice to them." Damon placed his arm around Ariana's shoulder and pointed at a girl. "What you want is the little blonde, pretty girl. Self absorbed, easily flattered, you just have to separate her from the pack and make your move."

---

Damon and Ariana were following the young blonde girl from Professor Shane's class across campus.

"She's young and healthy; she'll heal up like a charm." Damon muttered to Ariana. "Now, just go, just like we practiced. That's all you have to do."

"Hey!" Ariana walked up to the girl from behind. The girl turned around. "You're in my Anthro class, right?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess so." The girl shrugged.

"I totally spaced and forgot to get the reading list. Do you have it?" Ariana asked, smiling kindly.

"Sure. Uh... let me check." The girl looked at her phone. Ariana suddenly grabbed the girl's wrist and compelled her.

"This isn't going to hurt. Please don't scream." But before Ariana could bite the girl, she caught sight of something on the girl's phone: A picture of the blonde with a young girl. "Who's that?"