13 - Children of the Damned

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 13: Children of the Damned
Word Count: 5217

Flashback

No one's POV

Katherine was kneeling beside a person. Madeline was probably sleeping with Damon, or maybe even making out with Nathan somewhere.

Damon liked Madeline, Madeline liked Damon and Nathan. Katherine liked Stefan, Stefan liked Katherine. So all was well! Nathan was the brother who Katherine hated, but he was in love with Madeline, and she loved him back.

Madeline liked both Nathan and Damon, and refused to choose between them, they both would always have pieces of her heart. Katherine never liked Nathan, not even as a friend, and no one knew why.

Katherine looked up from kneeling beside the person, and saw a carriage riding down the road. She jumped up and ran towards the carriage.

"Help! Please, I need help!" Katherine yelled, running up to the carriage. "It's my husband, he's hurt! Can you help? Please!"

"Why are you out here? It's not safe outside in the middle of the night." The carriage driver said, jumping out.

"Oh, believe me, I know that it's not safe." Katherine growled, veins protruding from underneath her eyes. Her fangs came out, and then she lunged and pierced the carriage driver's neck with her fangs, drinking his blood hungrily.

The other person that was in the carriage kneeled beside the person on the ground who Katherine was kneeled beside not long before. Katherine drained the carriage driver's blood until he went limp in her arms. She dropped him to the ground, blood dripped down her chin.

Katherine vamp sped over to the other carriage guy and lunged at him next, draining his blood. She dropped his body on the ground too and smirked evilly. She turned around to the guy she previously knelt beside, and watched as he jumped to his feet. It was Stefan.

"What do you do with the bodies now?" Stefan asked, looking down at the two dead bodies.

"We'll just take them into the woods for the animals to finish off." Katherine smirked. "Are you sure you're ready to become a blood-drinking demon?"

"You're not a demon, Katherine. You're beautiful. And I want to spend the rest of eternity with you." Stefan whispered.

"Very well. I'll turn you and your brothers, as requested, when the time is right. Now, kiss me." Katherine instructed. "Get a nice, delicious taste so you know what to expect." Katherine smirked again, blood still dripping down her chin.

Stefan didn't waste another second and slammed his lips to hers.

"Oh, do you have to do that right in front of us?" A voice said. Katherine and Stefan broke apart and turned to see Madeline with a kind smile, with her hand in Damon's. Nathan wasn't with them.

"Oh, please don't ruin my fun, dear sister. But, now that both of you are here, you can help us dump these bodies in the perfect place in the woods." Katherine said. Madeline and Damon nodded and walked over to a body.

Madeline, Katherine, Damon and Stefan carried the bodies into the woods.

Little did they know, Nathan was hiding in the shadows. He hated how he had to share Madeline with Damon. But in public, Madeline and Damon were 'the couple', while Madeline and Nathan only ever met in private at night. Nathan pulled the note out of his pocket that Madeline had slipped him earlier that day.

Meet me tonight, my room. I've missed you.
I love you, Nathan.
Madeline xx

Nathan walked away silently and felt someone's eyes on him. So he turned back around and saw Madeline looking at him while Damon talked to Stefan and Katherine. Nathan sent Madeline a smile, which she responded with a bright one of her own. Madeline mouthed 'tonight', and Nathan nodded, before he walked away and Madeline went back to talking to Damon, Stefan and Katherine.