2 - Memorial

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 2: Memorial
Word Count: 4076

No one's POV

Ariana entered Stefan's room. Damon and Stefan were still staring at each other.

"Woah, what's going on?"

"We're just having a little disagreement about process." Stefan said.

"You're still not on board with the animal plan." Ariana sighed, turning to Damon.

"Nope. I say rip off the proverbial band-aid and let it bleed. You're a vampire, Ana. Be a vampire!" Damon exclaimed.

"I'd rather stick to animals, thank you." Ariana rolled her eyes. "It's much better than losing control on a human."

"Vampires eat people!" Damon groaned in frustration. "It's part of the natural food pyramid. Trust me, you're going to be miserable!"

Stefan left. Ariana stood there for a second, then sighed as she took a step towards Damon.

"Look... Stefan is taking me out hunting now. Animals aren't so bad, he did it for years!"

"Yeah, and he has lost control more than once. He's wiped out entire villages because he tried to deny his real diet." Damon pointed out.

"I know, Damon." Ariana began, knowing that Damon had a point. "But if I ever do that, at least I'll have something with experience in that department to help me through it. Stefan is one of my best friends! Please, trust me on this one. He knows what he's doing!"

"Let's hope so." Damon muttered, then turned to leave.

Ariana paused for a minute, before going after Stefan so they could go hunting.

---

Stefan and Ariana were walking through the woods. They saw a deer eating nearby. Ariana breathed heavily.

"Close your eyes." Stefan instructed his best friend (second best friend after Lexi, of course).

Ariana looked up at him, then closed her eyes. Stefan rushed at the deer and Ariana opened her eyes, gasping quietly, before rushing after Stefan towards the deer.

As Ariana drank the blood from the deer, the crimson liquid was covering the lower half of her face. She pulled away from its neck. The blood wasn't as satisfying as Ariana had hoped, but she felt some relief now that she had fed.

She got up from the ground. The deer ran off.

---

Stefan was standing behind Ariana. He was trying to teach her how to use her super speed.

"I can't do it." Ariana frowned.

"Alright, it's like the starting line of a race, right? So you just push off with every ounce of strength that you have." Stefan advised.

"Just because I was a cheerleader, that doesn't mean I can do everything that involves sports." Ariana chuckled.

"Just concentrate, okay? You can do it." Stefan smiled. So, Ariana crouched into a running position and breathed out.

"I can't!"

"Why, you scared to mess up?" Stefan taunted, hoping that it'll get her competitive enough to run.

"I don't get scared of a simple sprint, Stef." Ariana scoffed, sending Stefan an annoyed look. But Stefan only smirked in response.

"Are you sure about that, Ana? I won't believe you until I have proof."