19 - Klaus

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 19: Klaus
Word Count: 2735

No one's POV

Ariana was waiting for Elijah to wake up. Suddenly, he gasped awake. Ariana rushed over to him.

"Elijah!"

Elijah seemed to be in shock when he saw her.

"Maria?"

Elijah closed his eyes. Ariana got closer but he suddenly got up and began gasping for air.

"I can't — I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" Elijah rushed over near the door but slammed into the doorway. Ariana rushed over to him and held him up. "I can't... I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in." Ariana realised.

"Get me out of here." Elijah slammed into another wall and disappeared. Ariana ran after him and went to the front door. Elijah was crouching outside. He got up and rushed at her to enter but froze at the threshold, unable to enter. "What happened?"

"Shh!" Ariana indicated that the Salvatore brothers might hear. "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?"

"Can I trust you?" Elijah shot back quietly.

Ariana handed him the dagger that temporarily killed him so he knew she wouldn't try to kill him again so he could trust her.

He took it.

---

Ariana was driving and parked her car at the side of the road. Elijah was next to her, drinking blood from a blood bag.

"You look better." Ariana commented.

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah asked.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Ariana replied.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elijah muttered.

"No demands. I'm offering you my help." Ariana said. "And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah rolled his eyes.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you." Ariana stated. Her phone buzzed. She answered. It was Nathan.

"Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Where's Elijah?"

"He's right here."

"Where? I'm on my way."

"No, don't."

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted, he'll use you to get to Klaus!"

"Elijah is a noble man, Nathan. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him."

"You can't do this alone."

"Just... just please make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid."

Ariana hung up. Elijah held his hand out. Ariana gave him her phone. He put it in his jacket pocket.

---

Ariana and Elijah were still in Ariana's car.

"He's here." Ariana sighed. Elijah looked surprised.

"Klaus is here?"

"He's taken over Alaric's body." Ariana told him.

"Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks." Elijah drawled slightly.