2 - The Night of the Comet

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 2: The Night of the Comet
Word Count: 3074

Ariana's POV

Dear Diary,

I'm going to write more and more of these, as I think it helps getting everything off of my chest. I'll have to thank Elena for suggesting a diary.

Anyways... This morning, I lay in my bed, with a strange feeling that something has changed. I can feet it, yet I don't know what it is. For the first time since the 'parent' incident, I actually got out of bed with a genuine smile. That hasn't happened in what feels like ever!

I feel good today. I feel genuinely happy, which is a new feeling for me. I like the feeling, so I'm going to embrace it with open arms and enjoy the happy feeling that spread through me as the feeling put a warm smile on my face.

- A.Gilbert

---

Stefan's POV

I sat, writing in the journal to keep all of my thoughts, opinions and feelings safe. I started a new journal every ten years.

I've only just woken up, yet I feel completely awake. Because I know that I will see her again. By 'her', I mean the beautiful girl who entered my life unexpectedly. But if she gets too close, she'll discover the truth about who and what I really am, and she'll hate me forever.

-S.Salvatore

---

Ariana's POV

I took a shower, washed and brushed my teeth, got dressed quickly, did my makeup, brushed my hair, then grabbed my rucksack and exited my room, shutting the door behind me. Elena and Jenna were chatting just outside of Elena's room. When Jenna saw me, she turned towards me with a smile.

"What about you, A? What do you think?" Jenna questioned. "This?" She grabbed her hair in her hands and pulled it up into an up-do. "Or this?" She let her hair down again and positioned some of her hair in front of her face and shoulders.

"The first one." I replied, also with a smile.

"Elena said the first one too." Jenna said and tied her hair up. Then Jenna waved us goodbye and left.

"Where's Jer?" I asked Elena. I always asked every morning to make sure that Jeremy was alright.

"He made up a random excuse to Jenna about where he was, but I know that he's really visiting Vicki at the hospital." Elena replied. We shared a knowing look. Jeremy really was head over heels in love with a girl who was four years older than him and did drugs with him. Great...

---

I chatted with Elena as school came to an end. Matt had just went to the hospital to visit Vicki. I went home after school. I was supposed to meet Caroline and Bonnie with Elena but I asked Elena to tell the girls that I was too tired.

I went home and after an hour, someone knocked on my bedroom door. Then it opened and Elena stepped in.

"Hey. Um, I'm going over to the Salvatore boarding house to see if Stefan is there but I don't want to go alone... Do you mind coming?" Elena asked.

"Oh, sure, I'll come." I replied and got off my bed. We went downstairs and left the house.

The Salvatore building wasn't that far away, so Elena and I walked to the building. We stepped forward. Elena rang the doorbell, but no answer. So after a few seconds, I knocked on the door but it was opened a little. Elena and I gave eachother curious kinda looks and I pushed open the door. We slid inside.