11 - By the Light of the Moon

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 11: By the Light of the Moon
Word Count: 2160

No one's POV

Ariana sat up with Caroline at the Grill when her phone rang.

"Oh, hold on." Ariana said to Caroline as she grabbed her phone. It was Elena calling so she answered.

"Hey, E. What's up?"

"A! Thank God you answered!"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"They literally tested me!"

"Who?"

"Bonnie and Jeremy! I went to make a run for it with the moonstone so I could use it to get Stefan out of the tomb but they already knew that I'd try and do that!"

"Is that it?"

"Of course not! Bonnie used this spell to put an invisible barrier around our house. I'm locked in..."

"E, that was your first mistake. Bonnie and Jeremy both know you like the back of their hands. Of course they knew that you'd put Stefan above anything else. So, what are you going to do now?"

"Wait until the barrier drops. Then, I'm getting Stefan out of that tomb."

"If you think it's that easy, then go for it. But please be careful, Elena. Madeline and Katherine won't let Stefan out that easily. Call me later with updates?"

"Of course."

"Great! Now, I am currently at the Grill with Caroline. We're going to be helping Tyler with his first werewolf transformation."

"Is he still unaware that the Salvatore brothers are vampires?"

"Yeah. He just knows that Caroline is one and that I know."

"Okay, that's good, then. I'm just going to hope that the barrier drops soon so I can get Stefan, then I'll call you soon after that, okay?"

"Okay. Bye, E. Love you."

"Love you, too."

Ariana hung up. She didn't need to fill Caroline in as, knowing her, she'd have been eavesdropping in on the call with her cool vamp hearing.

Soon after, Tyler had entered the Grill and joined their table, sliding into the available seat beside Ariana.

"Hey."

"Hey!" Caroline greeted back.

"What's wrong?" Ariana asked, noticing Tyler's worried look.

"This girl Mason knows stopped by the house. She said he never made it back to Florida. My mom is freaking out." Tyler stated. Ariana and Caroline exchanged a knowing look. "We should get going."

So, all three of them left the Grill.

---

Caroline parked her car. Ariana and Tyler got out and Tyler opened the trunk to get his stuff.

"Maybe he just stopped to go surf somewhere. Isn't that Mason's whole thing?" Ariana spoke.

"Maybe." Tyler shrugged. "This girl just seemed to think he would have called."

"I'm sure he's okay." Caroline reassured.

"Yeah... anyway, let's do this." Tyler sighed.

---

Tyler was preparing the chains.

"Tell me you brought the instruction manual." Caroline muttered.

"Tell me you brought the wolfsbane." Tyler shot back.