8 - Rose

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 8: Rose
Word Count: 3878

No one's POV

Stefan and Nathan were in the hallway in school by Stefan's locker, talking, when Jeremy suddenly approached the brothers. Nathan glanced at him and gave Jeremy a half smile as he greeted the youngest Gilbert.

"Hey, Jeremy."

"Look, my sisters have got to let me know if I'm supposed to cover for them. Jenna's cool with the two of you and them but you guys are pushing it." Jeremy said.

"What are you talking about?" Nathan said.

"You and Ari, and Stefan and Elena." Jeremy replied. "Look, I'm glad you guys are back together but if they're gonna sleep over..."

"Wait, wait... hold on a minute. We're not back together." Stefan stated. "At least, Elena and I aren't." He glanced at Nathan, who shook his head.

"Me and Ana aren't, either."

"Wait... they didn't stay at your place last night?" Jeremy questioned.

"No." Nathan responded.

"We saw them at the party but that was it. They didn't sleep over." Stefan added.

"'Cause their beds hadn't been slept in and Mrs Lockwood said that Ari's car was still in the driveway, and she gave Elena a lift there." Jeremy informed. "Where are they then?"

---

Ariana stirred awake slowly, trying to move her hands so she could sit herself up, until she found them tied up. Her feet were tied up, too. As she began to panic, Ariana looked around and saw Elena lay beside her as a man was untying her.

"Don't touch her!" Ariana exclaimed, doing her best to sit up without using her hands. In a millisecond, the man was hovering over her.

"You should watch how you speak to a vampire, young one." The man untied Ariana a lot more roughly than he's untied Elena, making the older twin wince in pain.

"Please... we're hurt." Elena whispered, so the man walked back over to her.

"I know. Just a taste." He began to lean down to bite her wound, ignoring Ariana's loud and desperate yells for him to leave her sister alone, until a young woman entered the room.

"Trevor! Control yourself!"

The man, Trevor, stood up straight and sent an impatient look at the woman.

"Buzzkill." He left.

"What do you want with us?" Ariana murmured, but her words came out slurred from a large pain growing in her head.

"Oh my god, you look just like her." The woman gasped softly, amazed.

"But we're not. Please, whatever you--"

"Be quiet!" The woman interrupted Elena.

"But we're not Katherine or Madeline." Elena continued, standing up. "My name is Elena Gilbert, this is my sister, Ariana; you don't have to do this."

"I know who you are, I said be quiet!" The woman exclaimed, clearly getting frustrated with Elena.

"E, she's a vampire... she's stronger than you, so please just do what she says..." Ariana whispered weakly, but stopped talking as the pain in her head got worse. She pressed the heel of her hand against her head. Elena ignored her twin and continued to speak to the woman.

"What do you want?"

The woman swung her hand back before slapping Elena so hard across the face that Elena fell backwards onto the couch, unconscious.