12 - A View to a Kill

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 12: A View to a Kill
Word Count: 3682

No one's POV

Ariana was blowing up balloons in the gym for a school dance while talking on the phone with Elena.

"Where are you?"

"I told Caroline I'd take her place at decade dance prep, but none of the rest of you showed."

"I know, I'm sorry. I had to, though. Remember that Jeremy's under house arrest because Kol wants to kill him, and Klaus wants to take him on some vampire-slaying road trip. And since neither of them are invited in, it's the only place we can keep him safe. Notice 'we'? You should be here, too, A."

"Please. Jeremy will feel smothered if he has both of his big sisters as his bodyguards, E. You keep an eye on our brother, and I'll help out my bestie. It's a win-win for everyone, right?"

"Right."

"I still wish you were here. But if you can't help with the decorating, please just tell me you'll make it to the actual dance!"

"One of us still needs to stay here and watch Jer. So, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it."

"Seriously? Well, are you sure you don't want my help? I don't have to go to the dance, I can just stay home with you and Jer."

"No!! I mean, you go... h-have fun! You need to loosen up, A."

"So do you."

"Relax, I'll make it to the next dance. Our school has, like, billions of them."

"Yeah, okay. I'll let this one slide, then."

"I'll call you back later, A. Bennie's calling."

"Okay. Talk later!"

Elena hung up, then quickly answered Bonnie's awaiting call.

"Hey, Bonnie. Thanks for calling."

"You texted me to call and said it was important, so I'm here and waiting for the news. What's up?"

"Listen, I have a plan to put an end to all of this. I want Jeremy to kill Kol."

"You want him to kill an original?"

"Think about it. Kol's sire line must stretch to the moon by now. If Jeremy kills Kol, every vampire that he's ever turned, not to mention everyone that they've turned, will die, which means the hunter's mark will be complete and we'll have our key to finding the cure."

"What about Ana? You've heard her before... she'll side with them, Elena, and I know that you won't dare hurt your own twin just to get to Kol."

"I know... of course I won't hurt her! That's why I've convinced her to stay out of the house until after Kol is dead. It was pretty easy to persuade her to go to the dance tonight, making up some poor excuse that I'll stay and watch over Jeremy, leaving Ari distracted at the dance while we kill Kol."

"You do realise that, when Ana finds out that you've killed Kol, she could potentially hate you."

"My sister and Kol weren't even close in the first place."

"No, but he's still a Mikaelson, and she considers that whole family to be her friends. She won't let you hurt any of them."

"She's my twin, Bonnie... she could never hate me. She'll get over it soon enough..."

"Fine... I'm on my way, we'll figure it out."

"Okay." Elena put her hands under the water as she washed dishes and got burned, gasped, and dropped her phone.