21 - Requiem for a Dream

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 21: Requiem for a Dream
Word Count: 4041

Skylar gasped as she woke up from falling asleep on the couch in the living room at the Salvatore boarding house. She looked around at her surroundings and saw Enzo, Caroline, Bonnie, and Alaric.

"Sky? Hey... Skylar..." Enzo helped Skylar sit up. "Nice and slow. Hey, nice and slow..."

"Hey, how you feeling?" Bonnie started checking on Skylar, comforting her.

"I don't know. Just feel different." Skylar shrugged.

"Considering you were on death's door, that's probably a good thing." Enzo chuckled. Skylar let out a tired-sounding sigh.

"Okay, here's how I'm feeling: I'm thirsty and starving."

"I'm on it."

"I'll get you a glass of water."

"How about more 'get well' soup?"

So, Caroline, Bonnie, and Alaric all went to get invidivual things for Skylar to help her out.

"I actually think I want a bourbon. Neat." Skylar muttered.

"There's the girl I love." Enzo smirked. He got up, poured bourbon into a drinking glass, and handed her the glass of bourbon. "Right. What should we drink to then?"

"New beginnings." But suddenly, as Skylar raised her glass, she smashed the glass over Enzo's head, stunning him. Before he could react, she broke his neck and kicked his body into the fireplace, looking shifty as Enzo's body burned in the fire. Caroline then walked into the living room and saw Enzo's body burning in the fire.

"Oh, my God. Enzo, no!"

Skylar hurried behind Caroline and decapitated her with a metal bar.

---

Damon opened the door to the Salvatore house.

"What's happening?"

"Nothing's happening, mate. That's the problem." Enzo responded. "Skylar won't wake up."

---

Skylar's and Caroline's dream

Skylar opened her eyes to discover that she was at a lecture, with Alaric at the front, teaching.

"Now for our favorite subject. Anyone? Anyone? Vampires, real or myth? Skylar?"

"Myth." Skylar replied nonchalantly.

"Wrong." Alaric said, shocking Skylar with his answer. "Vampires are as common today as mosquitoes. They can walk in the daylight, kill from the shadows. Hell, some of your best friends might be vampires. So what do we do when we meet a vampire? Anyone?"

A sorority girl than suddenly appeared, as a vampire, with noticeable blood on her lips, running down to her chest.

"Invite them to the party."

"Very funny." Alaric chuckled. Students as vampires suddenly started feeding on their classmates. "Anyone else? How about you, Skylar?" He walked up closer to Skylar. "What would you do, huh? Would you sit there, or would you run? If you met another one of you. A vampire, or a half-breed such as yourself." Alaric started to grip her neck with much strength. "Would you fight back? Show me how to kill a vampire, Skylar. One of you." His face started to change, showing he was a vampire like the other students in class. Like her.

"This isn't real!" Skylar got out of his grip and started to run out of the classroom. She vamp sped into the dorm building as the vampire students and others started going after her. She got into her dorm room that she once shared with Nora and locked the door behind her.