💜 41 💜

The restaurant is full with a comfy noise level

The restaurant is full with a comfy noise level. Patrons, mingling by the buffet table, getting the items they love the most. There is even an omelet station. People are happily conversing at their tables with family and friends. The smells premating the dining hall are delicious. The mood at our table is different from the rest. The prospect of bad news made the uneasiness tangible.

Asswipe is standing at the head of the table, with that superior look on his face. Would you want to wipe that look off his face? I would love to, wishing I could, but alas, no such luck. He lets the tension rise, and it is boring to me, so I continue eating my breakfast.

No matter what the news is, I will go shopping. I feel unclean, wearing the same clothes for more than one day. When he starts to talk, I look up.

"They made a mistake, overselling the show. So to accommodate everyone, an additional performance will happen today."

The entire table groans. "The first show will start at 4.30 pm, and the second at 7.30 pm as planned already. So the rehearsals will start at 10 am." I get my phone and check the time. Shit, it is already 8.30 am. That is barely enough time to go shopping. I swear he does this on purpose. Satisfied, Asswipe leaves us to our breakfast, but I am not hungry anymore. I get up and look at Fiona and Mina, "you two coming?"

They look up when I address them, shocked. "You still want to go?" Mina asks, opening then closing her mouth like a fish out of water. "There is barely any time left," she scoffs.

I roll my eyes, "I have to. I can't wear these clothes another day, and if you would stop eating, we could go."

The others at the table do not pay any attention to us, except for Mandy. She is eyeing us. What is she planning? I have always found her a bit shady, or maybe it is because she is the best friend of Luke's. She is pretty, chin-length natural blonde hair, brown eyes, a straight nose, and a beautifully shaped mouth, the upper lip a little thicker than the lower lip. The girl knows her fashion. She always looks like she walked right out of the top-selling fashion magazine.

Even now, wait, did she know beforehand and had the chance to pack? I eye the others, thinking back on what they wore yesterday. They all wear different clothes now. My suspicion rises. Fiona is already standing next to me, but Mina is still eyeing the rest of her breakfast, clearly reluctant to skip it. Mina sighs heavily, but finally, she gets up and joins us.

When I am about to turn away, "where are you going? Rehearsals will start soon, and somehow you are one of the firsts again Y/n," Mandy says. I ignore her, but Fiona, who does not see the bad in people, only the good, turns towards her, "We will be on time, don't worry. We........uh, we need to do something," Fiona turns to me, looking at me helplessly.

I smile reassuringly at her and precede them out of the restaurant. I walk straight to the reception and ask the clerk for the closest clothes store. In situations like these, I am glad my father made me learn all of the languages. When I was one year old, I asked my nanny out of the blue. Why she always wore the same sweater. I used a whole sentence like I am doing now. She was so shocked she informed my father. That started it all, the endless testing. I must have done every IQ test there is.