💜 49 💜

Once I regain consciousness I wish I hadn't

Once I regain consciousness I wish I hadn't. My brain is trying to pound out of my skull, and my mouth tastes like death. Oh god, I hate hangovers, it's one of the reasons I don't like to drink, I hate the taste but especially getting wasted.

I try to remember everything that happened last night, and the last thing coming to mind, is sitting on one of the lobby couches. But wait, I'm lying down now, in a bed. I slowly open one eye, and when the brightness of the room penetrates and pain shoots through my brain, I close it quickly.

Oh god this is gonna take a while, and I alternate between the eyes, and slowly they become accustomed to the brightness. I sit slowly up and the sheet covering me falls and I realize I'm naked. Worry shoots through my brain, and I scan the room. I see my clothes, neatly folded, weird, that's not my style.

I'm alone it seems, but the relief leaves as quickly as it came because the door opens, and I hear shuffling feet. Just in the nick of time, I cover myself, just before the person comes into view.

It's not Luke or Asswipe, I'm not familiar with this person. A tall man, mid-thirties I think, red short hair, blue eyes, slightly crooked nose, and small thin lips. He's casually dressed, blue jeans, a yellow sweater, and red converse. Very youthful.

He stops in his tracks when he sees I'm sitting up, "Oh, you're awake. Yeah, so uh......., " but I raise my hand and he stops, "did you undress me?"

Right away he shakes his head, "no, no, no. no, my wife, she's downstairs. She'll be here soon." Relief washes through me, but the next question pops up. "Why am I here?" I ask, staring him down, and he shifts on his feet.

"Well, when we came back from our date, last night, around 2 am. You were sleeping on the couch peacefully, but there were some men, two to be precise, eyeing you and whispering, and my wife didn't like it, neither did I mind you. So uh......... We took you up here, our room. We don't have any ill intent, I hope you don't mind us doing that. We just felt it wasn't safe for you on that couch," he walks to the couch, and sits down, as far away from me as possible, making me feel at ease a little bit more.

Phew, no unwanted sex with someone. We sit in silence, and when the door finally opens for a second time, the man visibly relaxes and a fond smile paints his face. The woman who emerges is small, like really small, even I'm taller. She has a pixie haircut, with bubblegum pink hair, every facial feature is small, except the eyes, big and blue. She is dressed in Black jeans, a white t-shirt with 'Hell Yeah' in red letters. A leather jacket with metal studs and black biker boots. A total contrast to the man.

"Oh, you're finally awake. How do you feel?" her voice matches her physique, small and sweet.

"Hungover," I groan and rub my forehead, which has been pounding nonstop. "I understand by your husbands explanation that you saved me. Thank you, I appreciate it. I normally don't drink, but that stupid game, never mind. And the two you probably saw, have been trying to get close to me for ages, so really, thank you from the bottom of my heart," the woman beams, a big smile on her face.

"No need to thank us, you would have done the same," she walks to the bathroom and comes back with a glass of water, and hands it to me, "here, take this," she says as she dumps two pills in my free hand. I take the pills gratefully and drain the whole glass.

"I better get back to my room, I have a busy day today. Thanks again for the help," I say, as I sit sideways on the bed, my feet touching the floor. The woman approaches her husband and blocks me from his view. I scoot out from under the covers, grab my clothes, and head into the bathroom.

When the door closes, relief finally comes crashing through my body, and I'm shaking. I was really lucky these people helped me, If they hadn't, I shudder at the thought and shake the feeling off. Nothing happened and I need to be more careful. No more alcohol or games. When we're at the hotel, I'll stay in my secret room. It's the safest.

I get dressed and check if I still have everything. Phone, key card, both still in my pocket. I leave the bathroom and face the married couple, sharing a sweet kiss.

I clear my throat, "I'll be leaving now. Have a nice stay, and thanks," both smiling brightly at me. I turn around and when I'm at the door, about to turn the knob, the woman speaks, "Wait, so stupid, but we never introduced ourselves. I'm Angela Retter, and this here is my husband, Kurt Retter."

I walk back and shake her hand, and then I shake his, "I'm Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you. Good day," and I smile and leave them, exiting the room. I look for the elevators and press the call button when I finally find them. The elevator arrives and the doors open, I get on and press the button for my floor.

Finally, in my room, I fall on my bed and groan, the pills still haven't kicked in. I close my eyes and regulate my breathing, so my head doesn't pound as much. Gradually as I lay there, the pain in my brain lessens, and I sigh in relief. I slowly get up and walk to the bathroom, I take a quick hot shower and do the rest of my morning routine. Once I'm done, I check my phone for the time and see the notifications. Oh no, I missed texting with one of them. I open the app and respond right away.

He's probably busy, so he doesn't answer. Arriving at the restaurant, I'm later than usual, so only Alfred is sitting at the table. I first get my breakfast before joining him. "Good morning," I say, but I don't expect anything back, I was kinda rude yesterday.

"Good morning. You had an interesting night I believe," he looks at me with a big grin, "I've wanted to say the same for a while now, they are not my kind of people, to put it nicely."

My eyes grow big, and a smile slowly creeps on my face, "it all felt like a set up to get me drunk, so I had to leave. I may be wrong, it's just how it felt," I take a big bite out of the croissant, and sigh with bliss. I was starving.

He resumes eating too, and we enjoy the comfortable silence. When I'm finished, I feel like myself again, well more or less. The headache is gone courtesy of the pills and coffee. My stomach is content, being filled.

"Are you ready to leave?" I break the silence. "Yeah, lets just clean this away first," and he gets up and collects his dirty dishes. I do the same and we drop it off at the cart. In the lobby, on the couches, are the others, laughing at what Luke just told them.

When we join them, a weird vibe settles over us. That was to be expected, some don't like me now. I don't care, so I don't pay attention and chat with Alfred over comics. Slowly, the conversation between them starts up again and is almost back to normal when Asswipe arrives.

When I lock eyes with him, his eyes turn dark and foreboding, and I don't like it. "When we don't have to dance today, could you stay at my side?" I whisper to Alfred when we exit the hotel.

He looks first at Luke and then at Asswipe before his eyes look at me. "Are they bothering you?" he whispers back. "Lets just say, they are trying their best to get me alone. And that is something I don't want to happen."

He looks at them again and then nods firmly, "we need someone else though, for when I'm on stage. Who do you think will help?" I think for a moment while my eyes scan the people before me.

When they land on Chester, I look at Alfred, "how close are you with Chester?" His eyes cloud over in thought, "I'm the closest with Chester, and both of us don't have to dance with him, so I think he is the best choice," I nod, happy were in sync.

"Could you ask him though?" I whisper again, and he nods his head. We get on the bus and I pick a seat, away from Luke. Alfred takes the seat next to Chester and during the ride, I can see them whispering and glancing my way, but also at Luke and Asswipe. At some point, I catch Chesters eyes and he gives me a thumbs-up, so he is on board with the plan.

I feel a little better now, knowing I won't be alone. We arrive at the venue and go inside. We all practice the performance once to make sure everything is in order. During dinner, my phone vibrates in my pocket, and I get it out and see I have a text.