💜 144 💜

During the drive the nerves come full force

During the drive the nerves come full force. This will be the first red carpet for me. Representing a group of eight but being the only one present does worry me. Dad explained it all in the press release and asked the media not to ask questions. And should they have questions, to contact the company and not bug the former members. Namely me, but the media doesn't know that. The media doesn't know where the rest of the Gemstones are.

As far as the media knows, Gemstones was disbanded because three of the eight wanted to leave, and there was animosity between the other five. That is partly the truth but he couldn't tell them four out of the seven were trying to kill the eight. I don't care what he told them, I just won't answer, as it's none of their business.

The car slows down and I look outside and there is a huge crowd of excited people. The car stops and my shadows flow out of the car before me. The nearest one helps me get out of the car and when I look up I'm momentarily blinded by all the flashes going off.

I get used to the flashes and then I hear my name. I look around and a female reporter with a microphone waves me over. I walk closer and stop next to her, she beams at me and I smile back.

"Aqua!! Welcome. You look stunning. How are you?" She fires at me and then thrusts the mic right under my nose. "Thank you. I'm good. Thanks for asking." I laugh. I hate fake people. And I understand part of it is her job, but still. She's not interested.

"So. Are the rest of the Gemstones coming too?" She questions next. "No. It's just me tonight." I relate and look to my left, indicating I'm done with this. Unfortunately for me she isn't finished yet. "And what is your plan now that the Gemstones no longer exist?" She inquires me with a serious face. I look at her and smile, "I'll be debuting soon with my first solo album." I smile. She looks surprised but masks it quickly.

"Solo? Well I'm curious to hear it when it's released. Have fun tonight and good luck if you're nominated." And she turns away and I walk slowly towards the entrance. This was less fun than I thought. But of course they ask about the Gemstones.

Inside I get shown to my spot in the audience and it's quite cozy. Soft looking couches in straight lines. Most are already occupied and mine is empty otherwise. I'm sitting all alone. I don't let it bother me and look around. It's a big venue, and it's already packed with the fans of the various Idol groups and media representatives.

The stage is huge and we sit to the left of the walkway to the middle. Slowly every couch gets filled with other groups and solo artists. Weirdly my couch stays otherwise empty. The other idols look at me with curiosity but don't approach me.

The lights dim and a hush settles over the crowd. The anticipation level rises and it's tangible hanging in the air above the people waiting. With the first note I'm almost out of my seat. They are here? And my eyes grow big and I drink them in when they rise up out of the stage.

They didn't tell me about this, nor did dad. Or didn't he know? No he would have known. I dismiss the thought and just look at my men perform. Do they know I'm here? I'm mesmerized as they perform song after song. And they end it with Fake Love.