💜 74 💜

The next morning when I'm awake, the first thing I do is check the drawer

The next morning when I'm awake, the first thing I do is check the drawer. All of my underwear is missing. Why? They aren't even her size. Maybe the panties, but the bras, no way. They would be too big for all of them. Luckily I have one left. I'll shop for them later.

I head to the bathroom and fish my bra and panties out of the hamper. I wash them in the sink and dry them with the hairdryer. It takes a while, but in the end I have clean underwear. I'll wash them tonight before sleep so they can dry during the night. I need to hide them though.

I get to the kitchen after showering and my morning routine. No one is here so I look for breakfast, preferably fruit. No luck, all they have is instant foods, and I try to avoid those. No matter. I'll ask Ame about it when I see her.

I sit at the dining table, it's a modern thing, rectangular with a glass plate. Ame walks in and takes a seat. "Good morning. Did you sleep well for you first night?" She asks me as she looks at me, playing with her fingers.

"Yes, thank you. How do the groceries work?" I ask her right away. I want my fruit. And yogurt. I didn't see any when I checked the fridge.

She chuckles, "different diet?" She asks me. I nod and she points at the paper taped to the fridge. "Just write what you want, be specific, on that piece of paper, and the one on groceries duty that week will get it. So it will be you at some point." I nod again and get up, and get to the fridge. Right next to it is a pen and I write all I want on it. I get back to the table. "I'm going for a walk, bye." And I get to my room, get my phone and credit card. In the hallway I put my shoes on and then my coat.

Ame comes, and gives me a key she gets out of a drawer. "This will be yours. Don't lose it." She waves and leaves me. I pocket the key and leave the house. Getting outside fills me with exhilaration. Exploring somewhere new is always fascinating to me. The languages are never a problem for me, anywhere.

The weather is nice, the sun is shining on my face and I revel in the warmth. The air feels crisp, and I burrow my hands in my pockets as I walk and enjoy the scenery. The buildings change, and stores pop up. When I see a book store I can't help myself and enter.

I look for the section with my favorite genre, and look through the books on the shelves. I'm so engrossed I don't look to the side as I move, and walk straight into a tall, muscular body. My nose right between his shoulders. My body gets jarred and I stumble back.

I can right my feet before I make a bigger fool out of myself. He has turned around and is staring at me expectantly, face open, at least I think. Again a face mask. 'What is it with the men in this country? Why do they all have such captivating eyes? Or is it because of the masks? And the eyes just stand out because of it.' The thoughts hold me captive, and only seeing him raise his eyebrows snaps me out of it.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. Hope I didn't hurt you in any way?" I quickly ramble off. His eyes sparkle with laughter, as he regards me.