💜 156 💜

Kayo is silent as we drive to an unknown location

Kayo is silent as we drive to an unknown location. I don't fill the silence with talk and just stay alert as I watch the world outside. My shoulder is throbbing constantly and the blood loss is making me feel a little light headed. After long, long minutes we drive into a nice neighborhood. The houses look well kept and there is even a park. Must be nice growing up here. As a child you could have plenty of adventures in the park.

The car slows down suddenly and I look through the front. There's a man waiting next to the car Kayo parks behind. He gets out and I watch as he greets the man like an old friend. They hug and I see the man smile at a question from Kayo. Somehow this makes me feel better and I get out of the car. I stumble as my vision blurs a little. I can't wait much longer, I need medical help now. Kayo comes to my aide and flings my uninjured arm over his shoulder.

Kayo introduces us and I learn that they grew up together and are friends. Nakashima Yuudai is his name. Kayo ushers us towards one of the houses and reaching the door he unlocks it and we get inside. I lose my shoes as we're in Japan and I get distracted for a second. I didn't lose my shoes when I was with Sho. Must have been my subconscious making me keep them on.

A middle-aged woman comes scurrying towards us and as soon as she sees me, she pulls me out of Kayo's arm and scolds him. Aah this must be his wife. I listen to them bicker with a smile on my face. She arrived just a few minutes before us, and she informs the two men that she got everything from work. Next she steers me towards a room in the back. Kayo and his friend follow meekly, throwing them a look over my shoulder, I turn straight again and bite my lip to keep from laughing. Both look like two five year olds caught in wrong doing.

Inside the room is a table with towels draped over them. She makes me sit on the edge and scrutinises my face with a worried expression.

"Are you in much pain?" She questions me. And without waiting for an answer, she grabs my shirt and scissors and before I can protest she has cut the fabric. I bite my tongue and count to ten. I loved this shirt, it was one of Yoongi's. I can't scold her as they're helping me.

When she is done and has peeled the shirt off me, she turns me roughly and I feel her press next to the wound. Tears come as I bite through the pain. When I turn back around she wants me to lie on my stomach on the table, but I shake my head at her.

"Sorry, but what is going on?" I address Kayo as he had this plan.

"Oh right. Sorry I need to explain. This here is my wife as you probably figured out. She is a nurse. And Yuudai is a doctor, a plastic surgeon to be precise. I know bullet wounds aren't his expertise but he's an exceptional doctor." Kayo informs me and I look Yuudai deep in his eyes and they shine with calm reassurance, making me feel better.

As I lie down on the table I hear Yuudai question Kayo's wife about anesthesia.

"Wait wait," I stop positioning myself on the table and look at both as they stare at me. "No anesthesia, I need to stay alert. I know you're helping me and I'm sorry but I can't trust you completely. I hope you understand?" I inform them.