💜 93 💜

The car drives into the garage, and I see the girls get out of the van

The car drives into the garage, and I see the girls get out of the van. The car stops and I thank the driver and get out. I join the girls, and some look weirdly at me. I thought the hate would burn hotter than ever. Especially after yesterday when they caught us.

Ruby and Sapphire look a little sad as they regard me. Pearl and Opal still wear the one look reserved for me. The one full of hate and disgust. I don't care. I'll never like those two. The others maybe. It feels to me like they are scared of Pearl and don't want to get on her bad side.

We get to the large studio, as a stage is larger. We're practicing the whole show, and at the end I'm always so exhausted. I hope today will be better. Chun-Hei oversees everything and is pleased. Even if the girls don't like me they don't show it when we're in the spotlight.

At noon, we take a long awaited break, and after eating I go and use the facilities. As I get out of the stall after flushing, I run into Ruby and Sapphire. "Hi," I greet them and proceed to wash my hands. They stay silent and watch me with unreadable eyes. And I don't understand what's happening.

I dry my hands and watch them through the mirror. I dispose of the paper towels, and turn to leave. "No don't leave," and it's so soft I'm shocked. Sapphire has never sounded so quiet. I turn back to them and look expectantly at them.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you these last months. I know this doesn't make it right, but I saw red everytime Jungkook looked at you in the way I wanted him to look at me. And the things Pearl said about you," and she gulps visibly. I'm not scared of what Pearl said. She can't hurt me. She takes a deep breath, "Let's just say, she really hates you." And she smiles sadly. That I know. Again not my problem.

"Me too," whispers Ruby, " at the party, when he dragged you, I just," but she shakes her head. "And then what he said and implied. I'm so sorry that happened. We didn't know, and I'm sorry." She looks at Sapphire, "we're sorry." Ruby says. I look at them, but I don't see any negativity in their eyes so they're not lying. And they don't look down, but hold my stare.

"Thank you. I accept your apology," and I do, but I don't know if we'll ever be friends. They view the world so differently than me. I smile, "Let's go back." I turn and open the door, but Ruby pulls me back. "No wait," and I turn to her again. "I'll back off Taehyung. He doesn't want me, and it took me a long time to see it, but I saw how he looked at you at the party. And I saw it. It hurt, but I saw it." And she smiles at me. What did she see? All I saw was a broken man deeply hurt by something.

"He loves you," and she smiles sadly. I've been hoping it could be, and he loves me as I love him. I don't say anything and turn for the door again, and this time it's Sapphire who stops me. "I don't want to believe it to be true, but I love him so much that I can step aside and give him what he wants. Even if he doesn't know it himself yet." And she tries to smile, but her lips tremble. I nod, and again try for the door and this time they follow me back to the studio.