💜 57 💜

The level of noise is overwhelming

The level of noise is overwhelming. Everyone is yelling, and when I look back at Jimin, he isn't there anymore. I look behind me, and I see him around the corner of the stairs. He disappears from my view. I try to stand up, but Jin pushes me back down. I try again, but he keeps a firm hold of my shoulders.

"What happened?" He demands, and all talk at once. He purses his lips and narrows his eyes at them, and they fall silent.

"Explain," he addresses Namjoon. He explains Jimin's outburst at seeing my face. Jin doesn't know it yet, and I can feel him pull on my shoulders, but I don't budge. I cover my face with my hands. I don't think I can lie now. They won't believe it, not with Jimin exploding like that.

Jin's hands leave my shoulders, and I hear him move in front of me, well, it's more to the side. He grabs my left hand and pulls it away. Luckily, the bruise is on the other cheek. I glance at him with my exposed eye, and he smiles kindly at me.

I sigh and sit up straight, and lower my other hand. I'm still going with the lie, I can't imagine what will happen if I tell the truth. The thing is, I can defend myself well, but Asswipe caught me by surprise, and my head banging against the door shook me.

"Y/n," Jin mumbles, "what happened?"

I look at him full-on, and his eyes grow big. His lips set in an angry line. I didn't know his lips could look that thin.

"Luke dropped me during practice," I whisper. There is no footage of the practices, so they can never see proof. Foxy is behind Jin and Namjoon, and he smiles slightly at me. He still thinks it's the right thing to tell.

"Twice," I add in another whisper. Jin gently grabs my face and turns it to see it better. "Did you ice it?" He then asks me. I nod, and he nods in satisfaction. The others feel a little more at ease as everyone sits back down. Jin is still next to me, and he rubs my back soothingly.

"Jimin?" That is all he asks next, and two get up.

"We'll find him," one tells us, and leaves, followed by the other. I'm not paying attention, worry for Jimin drugging my mind.

"Dinner not ruined?" I ask after clearing my throat. The nerves are still present, but they are less prominent. Foxy smiles encouragingly at me. No, we were ready to serve, Jin says as he stands up straight, and walks towards the kitchen.

"The others, and Jimin can eat when they get back. It might take a while. Jimin is fast, and he roamed this property thoroughly, so who knows where he went." Jin says as he brings in the food from the kitchen. Namjoon helps Jin put the food on the table, and both sit down after. I'm starving, I realize, as my stomach makes it's presence known by grumbling loudly. All look at me, some amused and others shocked by the loudness.

I shrug my shoulders and laugh. One by one, the guys join me, and the mood shifts and feels a little less daunting. I exhale in relief when my head is down while I take a bite of the food that Jin and Yoongi made. It's delicious, and I'm exceedingly happy, eating a home-cooked meal. In no time, every plate is empty, and the mood relaxes and is a little sleepy. Namjoon cleans the table and the kitchen. The others help him, but Jin stays with me. He grabs my hand and plays with my fingers, quietly crooning Epiphany. I close my eyes and sink into his voice and the feeling of his hands on mine.