💜 69 💜

I get woken up by Travis who brings me my breakfast

I get woken up by Travis who brings me my breakfast. He stays a little while. Chatting as he knows I'll be leaving today. He and Benji made my stay here enjoyable, at least a little. I don't like hospitals. I mean who does?

After ten minutes Travis realizes he's been tardy for too long and he rushes away. There are more patients who are hungry. After all these weeks I can definitely say I don't like hospital food. And look forward to the first piece of sushi I can get my hands on.

I've been craving it since I woke up all those weeks ago. Luke was supposed to bring some last night, but he must have forgotten. I can forgive him, but only because I can go home.

When I'm finished I take a quick shower. Still marveling at the tattoos. I don't recall getting them, so I don't know the meaning of some. And the poem in Hangul baffles me. Why the hell did I do that? In Korean? Why not English or so? Is it about Luke? I doubt it as his eyes don't draw me in like the sea.

I dry myself after getting out of the shower and dress. I brush my teeth and hair and decide I need a haircut. The split ends are too much. And the teal and purple has faded. First thing tomorrow I'll go get my hair done. And maybe I'll go shopping. Who knows?

I sit at the table and wait for Luke. And I wait and, wait and, wait. And after an hour and a half of him being late again I'm fed up. I get up and leave the room with my belongings. Nothing in that room belongs to me and I want to leave it and never see it again.

I go up front and Travis is sitting behind the desk, looking through some files. When he hears me coming he looks up, "oh Y/n. Still here? I thought you would be gone by now. You're so eager for it." And he chuckles. And I join him.

"I am. But my ride still isn't here. So I'm going to take a cab. If Luke does show up today, could you tell him I left?" I ask him. He looks disapprovingly at me, "you could do so much better than him. Why are you with him?" He asks me seriously.

I shrug my shoulders. "I've been asking myself that same question and I still don't have an answer." I tell him. He doesn't reply and I wave as I walk towards the elevators. After pressing the button I turn around and yell, "thanks for everything Travis. I'll miss your humor. See you." He waves back with a big grin, "and I'll miss you," he yells back.

I enter the elevator and press the button to go down to the entrance. Outside I take a deep breath of fresh air and sigh. Finally freedom. I wasn't confined these last weeks, but as it's mid-February the weather is horrid. But today it's clear, and not as cold, like the weather knew I would have something to celebrate.

Luckily there is a taxi waiting so I get in and give him my address. I watch the scenery fly by and the closer I get to home, my happiness rises. I can't wait to take a shower in my own bathroom. And sleep in my own bed. The Taxi stops in front of my house and I pay him, and get out. Staring with longing at my bedroom, at least where my bedroom would be.