💜 42 💜

It's Romeo's turn

It's Romeo's turn. He tells me about their busy day preparing for their crew's arrival. I rant a little about my night and day. Finally, we say goodbye.

I close the app and turn my phone off again. I put it on my nightstand and snuggle under the covers, hugging the second pillow and let my mind drift off to one of the boys. I miss them, but him specifically. Just thinking of him fills me with warmth and the feeling of being home. There was only one small period of my life where, I think, I learned what home means to me.

Raised by my father till I was thirteen, didn't teach me what a home feels like. He was barely home, and I only saw him during dinner. A very silent dinner. It got filled with a little more life when my father adopted a fourteen-year-old boy, Sho is his name, my new brother. I was six years old. My father would talk to him during dinner, but never with me.

If I wanted to talk to him, I had to make an appointment. Or when he came to visit me in my room, which consisted of only a bed and lots and lots of books, not anything other children my age had. I didn't mind it though, I didn't know any better till I was thirteen. So no home there, not one filled with feelings, everything was calculated and business-like, cold.

When he died, I got sent to my next of kin, which was my sister, who is eighteen years older than me. She didn't make me feel welcome, at all. By then she had three kids, one girl, and two boys. I finally saw what life had to offer, which I never saw living with my father.

I couldn't stay with her, so I ran away once I learned that my mother has a sister and a mother, who lived in another country. There I was welcomed for the first time. My aunt isn't a very warm person, but very friendly. She did things with me, like playing cards, or watching a movie. My grandmother took care of me. She was a sweet old lady, but she had asthma and couldn't do much, or she would be out of breath for minutes.

A severe case, and in the end she got cancer, and then it went very fast. After the funeral, I bought a piece of land and built my house. I moved here, I couldn't keep living there, it hurt too much. Everything there would remind me of her. My thoughts linger on my soulmate, and with him in my mind, a smile comes on my face and I let oblivion take me.

The next morning when I wake up and get out of bed. Fiona is still passed out and it looks like Mina didn't come back, her side is untouched. Didn't she have a key? Or did she sleep somewhere else?

I walk to the bathroom and do my morning routine. Clean and dressed, I exit the bathroom, and Fiona is sitting up in bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Didn't Mina come back last night?" She asks me as she looks to her right.

I shrug my shoulders. "It doesn't look like it," I retort. An annoyed look crosses her face, but it's replaced quickly, I'm not sure I even saw it. I play with the remote to the TV while Fiona is in the bathroom. Flicking through the channels, I finally find something to pique my interest. It's a dance movie, a little weird one, it is sorta filmed like a documentary, but at the same time it's not, but the dancing is great.