💜 134 💜

I'm in the hospital, in a private room

I'm in the hospital, in a private room. And Gemstones is responsible, again. I'm extremely weak but otherwise I'm fine. Dad doesn't think so and is currently on the phone. I watch him as he disconnects the call.

I just woke up. But he was too busy and didn't notice. He's pacing. Deep in thought. He walks past my bed three times before I reach out and take his hand. He jumps at my touch, and looks down. Tears fall down his face and he lets himself fall in the chair. He buries his face in his hands.

I let him cry, it's better out than in. He quiets slowly and when he isn't sobbing anymore he looks at me. "How are you?" He whispers. He scoots closer and then takes my hand.

"Weak," I whisper. My mouth is a little dry so my voice cracks, even whispering. He jumps up, fills me a glass of water and helps me take a couple of small sips. "Thank you." I say as I lie back down. He sits down too. And takes my hand again.

"I was so scared when you were missing." He tells me softly and I squeeze his hand. "What exactly happened?" I ask him. I deliberately don't say something about them stealing my marks, besides I think he knows already.

"Jungkook and Hoseok managed to call the police, which scared them off. The police chased them and only got the four men helping them. The girls vanished into thin air." He hangs his head and seconds later I see his shoulders shake with fresh sobs.

"I never should have hired them. It's all my fault." He wails through his sobs. I understand how he feels but I don't blame him for anything. The girls would have found a way to get closer. And then they would have focused on the guys more.

Now their focus was on me, which makes me happy. Now at least the guys were spared, at least a little. "Don't blame yourself. They would have found a different way." I tell him and he looks up at me, eyes full of tears and I doubt he truly sees me.

"So where are the guys?" I ask. I thought they would crowd around my bed so I would see them right away when I wake up. Especially Yoongi. I doubt they will leave me. Or will they? Is their love for me gone now the bond is broken?

I look inside myself and know right away I still love them, even if I don't have their marks anymore. I swallow the tears down thinking about it. Dad bites his lip as he looks at me thinking and I wonder what happened more.

"I have sent them home. I told them you are in a coma and they can't do anything for you. And I don't want them close to you anyway." He sighs as I sit more upright. "What? Why?" I demand.

I thought he supported me and them together. What changed? He releases my hand and sits back into the chair. He clasps his hands and then looks up at me. His face is set and I wait with bated breath. I don't understand and want to know now. I sit back and prepare. It looks like he's got a lot to say.

"When you went missing I suspected the girls and the attacks were related. So I paid the two survivors a visit and talked to them. They are doing well, but told me that being around their soulmate will hurt extremely. And that's why I don't want them here. It would hurt you. But if you want to find out for yourself, you could." He finishes his story and my eyes grow big.