💜 157 💜

The private jet is top of the line, very luxurious

The private jet is top of the line, very luxurious. Dad is already sitting, talking on the phone. Kookie leads me to the back. Dad smiles softly as we pass him. Kookie opens the door and my mouth drops open. I don't know what I expected but the huge bed is not at the top of the list.

Kookie makes me sit down and promptly leaves. When he gets back he gives me a bottle of water. I take it and place it on the bed next to me. I grab his waistband and pull him down next to me.

"Can you just hold me?" I whisper as I lie my head on his shoulder. His arm goes around my back and he pulls me closer. I put mine around him and bury my face in his neck, breathing him in. He smells like home and I breathe deeply, his scent relaxing me like nothing else can. And I need it. I need my mind to shut down, it's in overdrive, replaying the events of today over and over.

"Shhh. I'm here and you're safe. Nothing can hurt you now." He whispers and then kisses my head before laying it on top of mine. He lets me cry silently in his neck and strokes my back with his warm hand. The other holds my hand, his thumb caressing the top. This comfort but more importantly this love I feel from him, it's what I want and definitely need. We sit for minutes and then he lifts his head.

"Aren't you tired? Today was exhausting and I didn't even go through it, physically I mean and your shoulder must hurt." He whispers over my head. And he's right; today was exhausting. But if my mind is so relentless when I'm awake, how relentless will it be when my defenses are down and my mind is vulnerable?

"I'm scared." I barely whisper. But he knows why I don't want to sleep. God I wish Jin and I would still share a mark; at least that way I would have Jin with me when I dream. Now I'm all alone in them, I don't think I can fight that man again and I don't want to know what could have happened had I not escaped the way I did today.

Kookie releases me and puts his hand in his pocket. "I figured I would need these. Here, they are sleeping pills. The pharmacist assured me you will have a dreamless sleep." He holds his hand up and on it are two small blue pills. I don't like to take pills, I don't have a good experience with them. But I trust kookie so I don't hesitate and pick them up, put them in my mouth and then open the bottle that lies beside me. Swallowing them down I drink some more and then close the bottle.

"I'll be here and should you show signs of dreaming I'll wake you, okay?" Kookie questions. I nod and we move further onto the bed and lie down. In his arms, my face against his neck. He pulls the covers over us and kisses my head.

"Goodnight Aqua. I'll be here when you wake up. I love you." Kookie yawns and I giggle. He's tired too so I suspect he won't be able to stay awake. I don't mind if he falls asleep. I trust him and if he says I won't dream then I won't. My limbs start to feel heavy and it feels like my head gets filled with unbelievable soft cotton. It's so soft I sink into it willingly and am asleep in seconds and don't hear Kookie chuckle above my head.

The bad thing about sleeping pills is not the ability to help you sleep. No, no it's waking up after taking them. I've never felt this drowsy in my life. It feels like every limb and body part I have is weighed down by lead. Sitting up is hard work and when I finally lift my face and look up at kookie he smiles big, leans down, pecks my lips and then straightens up.