A Surprise for Stella

Kelly's POV

While Cruz is on leave after he's just had his second child I need to find a floater for Squad 3. I walk to Chief Casey's office to grab the list of all floaters available. I begin reading "Tyson Oliver, No, Riley Hodson, Maybe, my expression quickly changes into a gigantic smile. "Delilah Averton!" I say. Stella's best friend since she was a kid and my cousin, she's always wanted to work with here but there's never a spot at 51. This is finally her chance, she'll be so happy especially since these will be her first few shifts back on the job. "I pick her!" I say. Casey Nods.

Matt's POV

"Ok then I'll notify headquarters." I reply. And as soon as he leaves I mutter under my breath "That was weird, I wonder what that was all about." confusion flooding my mind, but at the same time I'm curious and want to know more about her and how she and Kelly know each other.

Kelly's POV

I suddenly can't wait till next shift. I walk out onto the apron and see Stella I begin smiling and she walks over to me seeming suspicious. "What you smiling at." she says. "My Beautifully Stunning Wife." I reply. I kiss her softly on the cheek. The remainder of the shift felt like it went on forever as nothing particularly exciting really came up.

Next Shift

Stella's POV

Kelly's been acting suspicious lately and he's surprising nervous for this shift and I'm not sure why. I'm starting to get worried. I walk into the briefing room and stand next to Kelly as Casey begins the briefing. "Ok to begin the briefing welcome the floater for the next few weeks on Squad 3, Delilah Averton." says Casey. "What." I say in disbelief I look over and see her walking in. "Liles!" I scream running over and hugging her. I give her a big hug and say, "This is too good to be true." Almost yelling overwhelmed with excitement. I face Kelly and see him smiling. "This is your work isn't it." I ask him. "Maybe." he replies. "Well I knew only an idiot would want me on their squad." I say and he scuffles my hair. "You two have an interesting relationship." Cruz mutters and some of us catch it including me. 

Kelly's POV

Stella looks so happy, I'm so glad it worked out. Chief finishes up the briefing and Averton gets to know everyone at the house.

Delilah's POV

I'm so glad to be at this house finally. I know its only for a few weeks but I'm gonna make the most of it. Everyone seems so nice already and I already know it's going to be amazing working with them all. They all seem nice and  are very welcoming, they all ask me some things about myself. I basically introduce myself, "Well first my name is Delilah and fun fact it is Delilah due to a compromise my parents made. My mom wanted to call me Lily and my dad wanted to call me Delta so they compromised and called me Delilah which all the letters besides the H can be found in the two names, Um i'm originally from Milwaukee but I moved to Chicago at the beginning of  2009 and started at the fire academy that year. I was at firehouse 19 from 2010 till 2016 and Firehouse 15 from 2017-2019 but I had to quit the CFD after then for some personal reasons and yeah this is my first shift back on the job for almost 4 years." I say and they nod. I sit down on a table with Stella and Sylvie off to the side of the big table. "I've heard a lot of good things about you Sylvie not just from Stella but from other paramedics who have said your one of the best in the CFD." I say. "I wouldn't say that." Sylvie says and I shake my head in disagreement. We talk for a while before Sylvie walks off and Stella takes me to the locker room to help me set up my temporary locker which just happens to be right next to Kelly's. "Ahh, it's so good to have you here." She says squeezing me. "I've missed this job way to much, and doing it with you even if it's only for a few weeks feels incredible." I say and in that moment the bells go off for Squad and Ambo and I run off to the rig tapping Stella on the shoulder as I walk past.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter i know its small but the chapters will be bigger soon.