Hey Fiancée

Jay's POV

I wake up and look at my beautiful fiancée, we both have work this morning. "Hey, gorgeous." I say as she opens her eyes. "Hey, handsome." She says leaning in and kissing me. "I was thinking I would tell the firehouse today and if you wanted, you could tell your unit." She says. "I like your thinking." I say. We both get up and start getting changed for shift. "Remember to hide your ring." I say to her. I give her a kiss and we walk out of the door and head to shift.

Delilah's POV

I walk into shift and Stella sees me "How was it." She says. Trying not to sound rude I say, "We'll talk about it after I don't want anyone ease dropping, I'm about to announce it now anyways." Stella smiles "Don't worry I get it." She can tell I wasn't trying to hurt her feelings although it did sound slightly mean. I hug her. "It was amazing, and I know you were in on planning it so, Thank you." I whisper wrapping my arms around her shoulders. She smiles. "It was mostly Jay we were just there because he wanted us to approve, but I'm glad you had an amazing night, you too are meant for each other." She says and I squeeze her tighter. We put our bags down and I walk off to chief's office. "Hey chief, I was wondering if I could say something at the start of briefing." I say. "Yeah sure, what is it." Chief asks. I pull my ring out of my pocket and show him. He comes and gives me a big hug. "Congratulations for you both." He says. "Thanks, Chief." I say. We walk into the briefing room and Chief announces that I want to say something. I walk up to the front and pull my left hand out from behind my back to reveal the ring. The crowd erupts into cheers and Sylvie runs up and hugs me. "I knew it." Sylvie says, "and congratulations of course." She lifts my hand up. "This is gorgeous." Sylvie says referring to my ring. "I know right." I say. Everyone else gives me hugs and or congratulations.

District 21 – Intelligence unit

Jay's POV

I walk upstairs into intelligence, only Hailey knows about the engagement because she was one of the main people who convinced me to go for it. I walk upstairs and go straight to Voight's office. "Hey Sarge, can I announce something to the team before we begin today, it will only take a second." I say. "Yeah sure, what are you going to announce." Voight asks. "You'll see when I announce it and it's good news I promise." I say with a laugh. I walk out into the bullpen and Voight follows me. I shouldn't feel nervous about this but I still am. "Halstead wants to say something before we begin." Voight says. I step in front of the whiteboard. "Lilah and I are engaged." I say with a big smile on my face. Voight looks at me and says "About time, she's a keeper, I'm glad you finally found the courage." That makes everyone laugh. "I'm proud of you brother." Kevin says. Ruzek walks up to and whispers in my ear. "Third times the charm." I laugh. He's kind of right though him and Burgess seem like they are going to be third times the charm although technically I've only proposed to two people. Burgess gives me a big hug and whispers, "She's a lucky lady." and Hailey smiles at me I walk up to her and give her a hug "Thanks for the support, I know it was a tough spot I put you in and I doubt that could have not been even a tiny bit awkward for you." I say. "Jay don't say that I know we've had some ups and downs in the past but one thing I always want for you is for you to be happy and Lilah, she makes you happy." Hailey says.

Back at Firehouse 51

Delilah's POV

We walk out into the common room after briefing and Sylvie, Stella, Violet and I are talking about the proposal. "Where did he propose." Sylvie asks. "He set up the gorgeous balcony which had the most stunning View of the city in this amazing restaurant with rose petals, it was gorgeous and perfect, I couldn't have wished for better." I say. "Oh and I just wanted to say in advance Stella you know your job we've done this before but, will you be my Maid of honour." I ask. "I will." She says. "And Sylvie and Violet will you be my Bridesmaids and help Stella plan my crazy Bachelorette party and maybe if Jay's up to it a joint bachelorette and bachelor party." "Really, I would be honoured." They both reply. "And Stella no backing out of walking down the aisle with the Best man this time. Which Jay already agreed on should be Kelly, but don't say anything okay. I think Jay wants to surprise him." I say. "You know that's funny; Kelly basically said the same thing this morning." Stella says. Did she seriously back out last time." Violet asks. "Yeah, because Grant was going to be there and you know his hatred for Kelly so I bended the rule and let her walk down with me holding my train and Kelly with Caleb, it was better than changing who was my best man and maid of honour." We all laugh. We begin eating and halfway through Kelly walks in. "Where were you." Stella asks Kelly. "Casey wanted to see me." Kelly replies. "Lilah was just talking about the walking down the aisle thing, it's funny that you mentioned it too this morning." Stella says. "They're very similar people you realise." Sylvie says. "Nah I'm superior." Kelly says. "Whatever you want to keep telling yourself." I say making us all laugh. Kelly grabs his food and sits down next to Stella, he kisses her and Hermann sighs "Seriously, during breakfast." He says to Kelly. We all laugh. "Yeah guys, get a room." I say sarcastically. Everyone bursts out laughing. Hermann just shrugs his shoulders.

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of the story. I'll post one more tonight and then i'll hopefully post some more tomorrow :)