Christmas Eve

Delilah's POV

We had shift yesterday which is perfect since we get both Christmas eve and Christmas day off work. Hermann decided to throw a Christmas party with the firehouse, the intelligence unit, some of med and their families at Molly's. Brin and I are going to head out at 11:30 and meet Jay there for noon when the party starts since he has some paperwork to do before he joins us. I dress Brin in jeans, a jumper, and a cute khaki green jacket with a fuzzy hood. I wear something similar but instead I wear my black puffer jacket over my jumper and jeans. I walk out of Brin's room into the living room and see Jay waiting on the couch. "I thought you were going to meet me at Molly's, so you didn't have to drive back on yourself." I say. "Well, I wanted to carpool with you two." He says standing up giving me a big hug before giving Brin one too. We load up and get into the car and start playing Taylor Swift songs. About five minutes into the drive Brin asks, "Who's going to be here?". "All the people from Mommy and Jay's work." I reply. "Is anyone my age going to be there." Brin asks. "Owen, Annabelle but she's a bit older, but there's a lot of kids." I say. "Will Mason be there?" Brin asks. "Yes, he will." I say and Brin cheers. We walk into Molly's and most people are already there. I hug many people before Brin turns to me and asks, "Can I go play with them over there." "Yeah, go for it." I say and she runs off. We all sit in an area watching all the kids run around the corner of the bar as people start to trickle in. I see Stella and Kelly walk through the door with Mason in Kelly's arms. They sit down on the seats next to me and Jay. I give the both of them a big hug. After about 30 minutes everyone has arrived Hermann quiets us all down leaving the kids to play in the corner of the room and says, "As you all know we drew a Secret Santa last month and now is time for us to pass the presents out, and this year we decided to make you all guess who your present was from and they will confirm or deny if it was them." He walks behind the bar and begins picking up the presents reading the names, Kim was first, and Crockett was last. When we all had our presents, we opened them together. I open mine and see wireless headphones. They know me well then, I think to myself. We all open are gifts and submit our guesses. I guessed Hailey, but I didn't really know why, but I was wrong. I was so happy when I saw Will happy with his gift since it was hard to buy stuff for him even with Jay's lack of help and even more proud of myself for him not guessing it was me who gifted it to him. We spent the rest of the afternoon talking around with each other when Brin walks over to me holding Mason. "Are you hanging out with Mason." I ask. "Yeah, I want one." Brin says and everyone looks at me "We'll see about that one baby." I say and she walks off excitedly. "One heck of a demand." Stella says and we all laugh. "Yes, it is, but we will see." I say looking at Jay. Stella looks at me and smiles. I wink at her meaning I'll tell her later and she nods. We talk for the rest of the night about the most random of things going from one topic to another. We get onto the topic of random facts about each other, and we start going around the table each of us putting up our hands if we have a random fact about each other. When it gets to Stella, I shoot my hand up. "You put your hand down now." She says looking at me. "Go ahead Liles." Kelly says. "I will, pick a number between 1 and 3 Kelly." I say. "2." Kelly says. "Okay when Stella is very drunk what she says is most likely false or very over exaggerated versions of her feelings or thoughts, but her actions are things she wants to do but hasn't built up the courage to do." I say. "Like the time she kissed me when she was drunk after getting moved to PR." Kelly says. "Exactly." I say and Kelly laughs. Then it's Kelly's turn and I put my hand up once again. "Well Kelly's never allowed in Vegas alone ever again, he's lost my trust with that, and I have a video of him singing last Friday night and waking up in Vegas on my phone." I say and everyone laughs including Kelly. Then it's my turn. Jay, Kelly, and Stella put their hands up. Stella goes first, "This is payback, so Lilah's hairstyle choice generally determines her mood, if Lilah completely straightens her hair for no special reason, I'm going to recommend you all to leave her alone." Stella says and I laugh, "True." I say. "Good to know." Jay says slightly scared, and I kiss his cheek reassuring him I'm a teddy bear. Kelly goes next, "Lilah retired after her first ever bet in Vegas because she won half a million dollars." Kelly says and I laugh. "That's again true." I say. Jay goes next, "Lilah always watches the same three types of shows, she doesn't like changing which types she watches, and they are true crimes, medical dramas and comedy dramas." Jay says and I laugh. "Again, super true." I say. It was Jay's turn next and Will, Hailey and I all say things. Hailey goes first and says, "Jay will stay in bed until the very moment he must get up, it doesn't matter if it means he stays in bed for 1 minute, but he won't get up unless it is required from him." Hailey says and Jay and I laugh. "I do that but so does Lilah." Jay says. "Yeah, we both do." I say slightly laughing. Will goes next, "Jay is the type of person who knows at least one person who does anything, like he knows at least one plumber, one electrician, one guy who sells couches like anything like that." Will says and we all laugh. I go next and say, "Jay will not eat bread when it is in triangles, he will only eat it in half down the middle." I say and I laugh. "I didn't even know that." Will says. "It's true though." Jay says and he wraps his arm around me. We go around the rest of the group before deciding it's time to head home since those with young kids need to get them asleep since it's already past most of their bedtimes and they have to get up early for Christmas in the morning. I grab Brin say goodbye to everyone and Jay, Brin and I head home. When we get in, I pass Brin a box with her Christmas Eve gift in. She opens the box and sees new pyjamas. Ones she's been asking me for, for ages. "I love them." Brin says and gives me a big hug. "You can wear them tonight so in the morning you will be wearing them." I say and she gives me another big hug. Jay and I put her to sleep in her new pyjamas before heading off to bed ourselves. We lay beside each other for a while, snuggling in tight to each other. I lean over and kiss him on the cheek, and he kisses me back on the lips. We don't say anything but the love we feel from each other says it all.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I made it longer due to how late i'm posting this and how short the others were the other day. :)