You Numb The Pain

Stella's POV

I hear the door open, and they walk in. I'm on the floor of my bedroom and can't move from the pain. I'm screaming in agony and Kelly and Sylvie run towards me. "Liles can you go grab the hospital bag out of the baby's room." Kelly tells Lilah, she nods. She heads to grab the bag Kelly and I put together and Brett starts checking on me. Kelly grabs my hand and I squeeze it tight. He kisses me on the head.

Kelly's POV

I felt guilty the moment Lilah told me Stella went into labour but seeing her lying on the bedroom floor screaming due to the pain makes me feel worse. I should have stayed home with her today. I should have ignored what she told me and trusted my instincts that she wasn't okay.

Stella's POV

"Stella I'm going to need to check out how far dialated you are okay." Sylvie says and I do as she says. "Okay you're about 2cm dialated." Sylvie says. Lilah walks back into the room with our hospital bag and the wheelchair. Kelly and Sylvie lift me into the chair whilst Lilah attempts to distract me from the pain of moving. I look straight at Lilah, and she tells me "You're doing great Stells." "Why are you on ambo." I say in between contractions. "I'll tell you that one later." Lilah says. "I'm just glad you here." I say before another contraction hits me grabbing her hand. She's the one person who gets this, what I'm feeling, the pain, all of it. She keeps comparing it to when she had Brin saying how I'm doing amazing in comparison to her although I know she's just saying that to keep my mind off of the pain I'm in. They place me in the back of the ambo with Kelly and Sylvie with me whilst Lilah drives to Med. Sylvie does a more extensive exam on me before we get to Med where they transfer me to a chair and take me up to labour and delivery where we are met by Natalie. "Hi Stella, were going to take her in here." Nat says pointing to a room. They lift me onto the bed and then Nat asks, "First are you happy to have all three of them in the room with you." "Yes, I need them." I say. "That's settled and secondly would you like to have an epidural. I see Lilah vigorously nod at me. I remember that she turned it down and regretted it afterwards. "Yes please." I say. "I'll get that ordered for you." Nat says. "Did you have a bad experience without one, Lilah." Nat asks. "My biggest regret with my labour." Lilah replies. "Me too." Nat replies. She hooks me up to the monitors and puts a baby monitor around my stomach before performing an ultrasound. "Okay it looks like your baby is feet down, so hopefully he will decide to turn around before you're ready to push." Natalie says. I know that if the baby doesn't turn around in time, I will have to have a caesarean and hope that's not going to happen. Kelly can see my worry and whispers, "I love you." In my ear. From just those three words I feel so much comfort. Natalie checks my cervix and informs me I'm about 4 cm before a nurse comes in a gives me the epidural shot, which hurt a lot but not as much as the pain would have been without having it. After the nurse leaves the room, I say, "This is why I let Lilah make the painful mistakes so I can learn from them, so thanks Liles you took one for the team." with a small laugh making everyone else laugh. "I'll leave you guys and come and check on you in about 30 minutes so try and relax and get comfortable Stella." Nat says before leaving the room. Sylvie and Lilah move their chairs to the side of the bed Nat was just standing at. Although I'm in a lot of pain having the three of them there took away a lot of it.

30 Minutes Later

Stella's POV

Natalie returns and checks my cervix once again telling me I'm now 5 cm dilalated. She then performs an ultrasound to see if the baby has turned the right way round by himself. "Unfortunately, he still isn't turned the right way." Natalie says. I start to panic; I don't want to have a caesarean. "Don't worry there's still a lot of time and you have a long way to go until you reach the full ten centimetres." Natalie says.

Delilah's POV

I see Stella start to panic and although I don't want her to realise, I'm starting to worry too. I know how much she didn't want to have a caesarean. In that moment Jay walks up to the door, and I walk out. "I'll be right back." I say blowing Stella a kiss before walking out to Jay. I give him a kiss. "Babe, what are you doing here." I ask. "I thought you guys would want these and I wanted to see you." He says passing me all our phones and my bag. "I've got these too." Casey says passing me everyone's bags. "Thank you, guys." I say giving Casey a hug and Jay another kiss. "How is she going." Casey asks. "Baby's breech and she's starting to stress out because one it's slowing down her labour and two, she will have to get a caesarean if he doesn't turn around when she needs to push, but otherwise she's a tough cookie handling the pain like a superstar." I say. "Tell her we all give her our love." Casey says before walking off. Jay stays and gives me one more kiss. He puts his hand on my waist and I whisper aggressively, "Baby this is a hospital." He just laughs and kisses me one more time before saying, "I love you, call me if you need anything, and don't worry about picking up Brin I've got her." "How did I get so lucky to have you as my man." I say before giving him a big hug and heading back in with the three bags and phones.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)