Catch This Guy

At Chicago Med

Kim's POV

Hailey and I haven't said a word to each other since she lashed out at me. I go up to the nurse's station in the ED and talk to Maggie. "Hey Kim, Hey Hailey, what brings you guys here." "We're looking for a victim brought in from a warehouse fire, male around 5'8, severe burns." "Ah yes, he's up in the ICU, I'll page Will and he'll update you on his condition and I'm assuming you want to talk to him so take you to his room." Maggie says. "Thanks Maggie." I say, But I'm actually thinking amazing, absolutely amazing, just what Hailey needs, to see Jay's brother Will and act professional about it. We waited for about a minute when Will came down and got us. "Sorry for the wait guys he said, Mr Kimber right, he's the one you want to see." Will says. "We don't know the name of the person we are looking for but if he was a victim in the warehouse fire and matches our description given to us then most likely." I reply. Hailey hasn't said anything although her face says it all. Will walks us up to his room. "Here you guys are, and before you ask you are able to question him, he is in a stable enough condition." Will says. "Thanks, Will." I say. We introduce are self's and then ask him a few general questions before we ask him why he was at the warehouse in the first place. He tells us "I was hired as a guard for that door I was standing in front of, I didn't know what was inside, but I didn't ask either." He said. "Ok." I say, "Who hired you?" "Everyone called him Diavolo I think." He said. I looked at Hailey we both know this is a guy intelligence has been after for a long time. He is one of Chicago's main drug suppliers and intelligence has been after him for years but couldn't put anything on him. I thank the man and tell him to keep in contact with us and pick up the phone and notify Voight. He calls us back to the district were although I quite liked Delilah her and Kelly were both gone since Voight no longer required them around. We got back and he put a photo of Diavolo on the whiteboard, he didn't say much about him except "We've been after this guy for years and this might be the best chance, we've had to take him down, so we are going to do this the right way, no mistakes and no breeches of protocol." Voight says. We all nod. "We're going to hit the other stash house his men are said to run, Jay how is that warrant coming along." "It's done sarge." Jay says. "Ok then, everyone gear up." We make it to the scene it was a very simple bust; he was loading up his car with a bag of stuff most likely about to skip town then Jay handcuffs him. We took him back to the station where we didn't need him to say anything and took him straight to lock up until he could be transported to county for life locked inside prison walls. We get back to the bullpen and Voight tells us to go home and call it a night and congratulates us for closing the case and putting the bastard away.

Jay's POV

I was so amazed by Averton today I kept on thinking if it wasn't for her, I doubt we would of closed that case a quickly as we did or ever. I go to grab my bag from the locker room and as I open my locker Hailey walks in, I give her a small smile and say "good job today," But she just gives me the devil eye. I didn't want to get involved so I walk out and say "goodnight," to everyone but Hailey wouldn't let me just leave. She begins yelling at me. "How dare you, was I really that easy to get over because I know you aren't." She screams at me. I turn around in shock. "Honestly Hailey." I say both of us working our way closer to each other until we're right up in each others faces. "Hey, stop it you two." Atwater and Rusek yell whilst separating the two of us. I walk out still furious she would say such things, I called off the engagement for a reason, her dishonesty and I didn't get over it quickly, it was hard for me too but it's been a year and it's time for me to move on.

AN: Hope you liked this chapter it included probably my top characters from both Fire and Pd. I really enjoyed writing this one :)