30 Years Of Friendship

Delilah's POV

I walk towards Jay, and he kisses me. "Happy Birthday Babe." He says. We drive home and Brin wakes up as we arrive. "Don't I have school it's 7:30." She says. "No Baby, your off today." I say. "Yay I get to stay home with you for your birthday." She says to me giving me a big hug. Jay and Brin take it in alternative goes passing me presents. My favourite would have to be the last present, the gold heart necklace Jay got me. "It has your initials engraved in it." He says before putting around my neck and I kiss him. "It's gorgeous." I say. I also love the cards they wrote for me and the other presents such as flowers, new hair straightener, fluffy bed socks and a new phone case. We spend most of the morning enjoying the time together and watching a movie of my choice. Which really wasn't my choice because it had to be kid appropriate, so I picked Captain America, The Winter Solider. I rested my head on Jay's shoulder most of the movie and Brin was sitting between us, both of us putting an arm around her. A few minutes after the movie ends Kelly and Stella show up. I give them both a big hug and Brin runs towards the two of them. Kelly picks her up and spins her around. "See you'll be fine." Stella says to Kelly making me slightly confused. Stella sees the confusion on my face and says, "Kelly thinks he's going to suck at being a dad because he didn't have the best parents." "That's stupid Kelly, they don't define how you will do as a dad and plus I didn't have parents after 13 and my dad really never did anything and unless you want to tell me otherwise, I think I'm doing fine." I say. "Yeah, I guess." Kelly says. "At least you'll have Stella with you to help." I say. Kelly nods. "And I've seen you with Brin." I say. "Yeah, you'll make a good dad." Brin says. "See." I say. "I agree Kelly." Jay says. We walk over to the couch and Stella hands me my presents. "I've been spoilt this year." I say. I open the gifts and they include a water bottle with Lilah on it, a pair of hoop earrings and my favourite a frame that says 1993 and a photo of me and Stella after our first day of school and then 2023 and a photo of me and Stella at my wedding. "You're going to make me cry." I say as I open it. I walk over to her and give her a big hug. "I was crying ordering it so don't make me cry again." Stella says. "What is it." The others ask unaware of what the gift is. I turn it around. "30 years of friendship" I say. "I got a matching one too." Stella says and I hug her again. "That's so cute." Jay says. "It makes me feel old though." Stella says. "Talk about it." I say with a laugh. "You think your old." Kelly says making us all laugh. We talk for a while. "Are you ready for a little munchkin." I ask Stella. "Yeah i just want him to be here." She replies. "And both of you especially Kelly if you can't do something and don't need Stella and she's asleep call me, unless I'm on a call during shift I will answer and help you because it makes you tired as when the baby first comes home, and Stella call me anytime." I say and Kelly and Stella both nod. "Thank you, I will probably need it." Kelly says. "Eh I'm a pro, this one loved sleeping though." I say pointing at Brin. "I still do." She says making everyone laugh. "That's true." I say. We talk for a while more mostly about the baby coming before Stella and Kelly leave for a doctor's appointment for the Baby. "Have fun." I say sarcastically. After they leave Brin asks to go to the park and Jay and I take her. She meets some of her friends there and I talk with the moms many who have only heard me talk about Jay or met him once. Many also wished me a Happy Birthday. I mostly talked to Alisha Walker and her husband Luke for most of the time and the rest I was talking to Jay. After about an hour Brin walks over to me tired and we decide to head home. "Had fun." I say and she nods. "You're going to sleep tonight." I mutter sarcastically. We walk back to the apartment, and she falls asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow. Jay takes advantage of the situation and picks me up. He sits me on the kitchen countertop and begins kissing me. We stay in the kitchen for a few minutes until he picks me up and carries me to the bedroom were clothes fly everywhere and things heat up.

AN: I Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. From now on I am probably going to be posting one chapter each night and some nights I may not be able to post due to limited time. :)