Brin's Birthday!

1 Week Later

Delilah's POV

"What day is it tomorrow?" I say to Brin. "April 2nd." Brin replies. "And what's special about April second?" I ask. "It's my birthday." Brin says. "Yeah, it is baby." I say giving her a big hug. "I can't believe your turning 8." I say tickling her. "I love you, sleep well and don't wake up too early." I say before kissing Brin on the head. "I love you too Mommy.' Brin says before I leave the room.

The Next Morning

Delilah's POV

I wake up to Brin jumping up and down on mine and Jay's bed. "Wake up." She says excitedly. I reach my arms out and she snuggles in with me. "Happy Birthday Brin." I say. "I'm now eight!" Brin says. "Yeah, you are." I say. She gives Jay a big hug and he wishes her happy birthday as well. 5 minutes later we are up, and Brin begins to open all of her presents which are scattered in a massive pile across the living room floor. A barbie house, fire truck Lego and a vanity being just some of her presents. She opens the rest of her presents before I start making breakfast. "Mommy, when is baby sister going to be here?" Brin asks. "Around 10 weeks baby." I say. "Yay." Brin says before returning to her presents which she keeps rotating between. "Brin, Jay after breakfast we need to finish clearing up Brin's room and the toy room so we can put the mattresses in there ready for tonight." I say and they nod.

1 hour later

Stella's POV

I get a quick shower before getting ready to head to Lilah's to deliver Brin's birthday presents. Kelly is getting Mason ready when I hear my phone ring. "Kelly, can you answer that please." I yell hoping he can hear me wherever he is in the house. "Yeah of course babe." He yells back. "Who is it." I ask when I hear the ringing end. "Will Halstead, it's about Brett." Kelly replies. "What about Brett." I yell back thinking either the baby is making an appearance early or something has happened. "She's been in an accident." Kelly replies more solum than before. I turn off the water and wrap a towel around me before running out of the bathroom and taking the phone off Kelly. "How bad is it, is the baby okay?" I blurt out. "The baby is perfectly fine, we are monitoring it right now and Sylvie has some bruised ribs, a concussion, is intubated and has a radial fracture." Will replies and I feel better. "Okay thanks Will, we will head down now." I say before hanging up. I quickly get changed and call Lilah. "Hey Brett's at med, Kelly and I are heading down now." I pause, I hear a small sniffle. "Hey are you okay." I ask. "Yeah, all good, Natalie called me just a second ago but Stella, it's Brin's birthday, I'm not bringing her to the hospital nor am I leaving her here with Jay like he offered, but also I don't want to not go to see Sylvie. She would always come and see me, and I don't want to abandon her." I say. "You've either got to talk to Brin or when Sylvie wakes up Sylvie, but I know Brin, I know she will come around and understand whichever option she chooses to do, but if you do choose to stay with Brin, I also know Sylvie will understand and I'll promise to call you if anything changes." I say. "Okay, I'll get back to you, I've just got to work out what I'm doing." Lilah says.

Delilah's POV

I hang up the phone call and walk into the house trying to hold myself together. I walk past Brin's room and feel my eyes starting to water. I wipe my eyes and walk out into the living room where Jay and Brin are. "What was that about?" Jay asks and I can no longer hold myself together. "Sylvie's at med and I don't know what to do." I say a tear meandering down my cheek. Jay wipes it away and looks me in the eyes. "I can't leave her and going to the hospital on her birthday will be no fun at all. But I can't abandon Sylvie either" I whisper into Jay's ear. He begins to stroke my hair. "All I know is that you'll be making the right decision no matter which one you decide because it comes from your heart." Jay whispers to me. "Is mommy okay." I hear Brin faintly say to Jay. "Yeah, I'm okay monkey." I say giving her a big hug. "Why are you crying then." Brin says looking me dead in the eye. "I just have a hard decision to make, that's all pumpkin." I say. "Let me help you decide." Brin says and Jay looks over at me giving me a go on, tell her, she'll understand look. "We'll baby one of my friends is at med and I was wondering if you would prefer to stay here with Jay whilst mommy goes and sees her, if you would like mommy to stay and not go or if you want to come with me and Jay to see her." I say. "Who, who's hurt." Brin asks. "Sylvie baby." I say. "I want to see her; she would come and see me if I was hurt so I should see her." Brin says and I smile. "Are you sure." I ask. "Positive." Brin replies and I squeeze her tight. "Let's get ready and head to med then." I say and they smile back at me.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next one should come out around new year :)