Your Relationship Means The World To Me

The Next Day

Delilah's POV

"Brin come on I need to do your hair and makeup." I call through the house to Brin. "Are you excited Baby." I say as she walks into the room. "Yeah, I can't wait for you to see it." Brin says. I get her hair and makeup done before I drive her to her school theatre where she is performing in her production as one of the leads. We arrive and I sign her in before heading home since the show doesn't start for another hour.

Jay's POV

Before returning home to Lilah, I grab some flowers which I will give to Brin at the end of the show and some for Lilah just in general. I head home and find Lilah on the couch on her phone. As I walk around the corner, she puts her phone down and kisses me. "These are for you." I say passing her the flowers. "Aww they're gorgeous, thank you babe." Lilah says before placing them in the vase on the dining table. "Do you think Brin will like these." I say. "She'll love them, Jay." Lilah says before kissing me and I pull her in closer making the kiss last longer. In that moment the doorbell rings. She pulls away and go and answer the door. "Thank you." I hear Lilah says and she walks back with a parcel. She places it down before kissing me again before pulling away and saying. "We're going to be late if we keep at this." Seductively. "You're such a teaser." I say before kissing her cheek and heading to our room to get changed. I walk out and she's waiting already to go. I kiss her once more before we walk out the door.

Brin's POV

I sit backstage in my first costume and have my mic on ready to go onstage. I walk out and see my mom, dad, uncle Kelly, aunty Stella, Mason, Aunty Nat, Uncle Will, Owen, Sylvie, Hailey, and Gabby sitting in the audience. The music begins to play and the whole cast begins to sing the opening number. After each scene we all rush backstage to get changed in a small amount of time before heading back on stage. After the show I walk out into the foyer with Ellie where all our parents are waiting for me. I run up to my mom and dad and give them a big hug.

Jay's POV

"These are for you." I say holding out the flowers for Brin. "Thanks Daddy." Brin says and I'm taking a back and feel tears fill my eyes. She gives me a big hug and I squeeze her tight. I look up and see Lilah with tears in her eyes and give them all three of them big hug. I kiss Lilah's cheek before placing Brin down and we all head back to our cars before we all head back to our place besides Nat Will and Owen who have to go home since Will has a shift in a bit.

Delilah's POV

I was so surprised by Brin; I knew how she felt, and I was expecting her to say it one day but it didn't prevent me from getting teary eyed. We arrive home and Brin heads off to her room with Ellie and Mason stands up and attempts to follow her. "Your right he is really walking." I say to Stella. Brin picks him up and carries him to her room before returning with some toys. "Do you guys wanna see what I found the other day." I say. I pull out the old video tapes. Stella sees the title and says, "Oh no." and I laugh. I put them in before sitting down. "For context this is me and Stella in our school's production of Annie and Stella's Annie and I'm Molly." I say. "When was this?" Kelly asks. "Middle school Eighth Grade." Stella says. "So, we were 13." I say. I skip to the parts where Stella and I sing before taking the tape out and showing them the high school musical ones followed by old dance duets and group dances. "Do you have our first duet?" Stella asks. "Yeah, I watched that the other night and oh my number one our faces what the hell are they doing, two how are you that much taller than me and three what was the choreo." I say and Stella laughs. We play it and everyone chuckles. "We've got to make our girls do this." Stella says looking at me. "Oh my that would be hilarious, It's a done deal." I say. Kelly Jay and Gabby walk into Brin's room after the kids keep begging them to play with them so I find the perfect time to tell Stella and Sylvie about my plan for them. "I've got a solution for you guys." I say and they look at me confused for a second before catching on. "Really." Stella says. "Well Jay said he would do the same arrangement for you guys too if your happy with that." I say and they stand up and hug me. "Nat and Will are also not working when I have shift they have their off shifts when were on shift so they said they'll pitch in too." I say and they squeeze me in tighter. "It shouldn't be me your thanking, it should be Jay." I say. "We'll thank him too" Stella says.

Later that night

Jay's POV

After everyone returned home Jay and I put Brin to sleep before heading off to bed ourselves. "That whole Brin thing wasn't you're doing right?" I ask Lilah. "Not even in the slightest, she asked me last night if I would be mad if she did but I didn't put her up to it even a little bit, it was all her, she loves you Jay." Lilah says. "I assumed that from your reaction and I love her too." I say. "And darn right it made me cry your relationship means the world to me." Lilah says before kissing me. 

AN: I hope you all liked this part, I cried writing the Brin and Jay part, it was so damn cute and heartfelt x :)