A little bit of forgiveness

Sylvie's POV

Tomorrow is my next shift on ambo before I have desk duty in the bullpen. I decided on this since all my closest friends are there just in case, I go into labour during shift. This being one of the things I learnt from Stella's labour. I heard Violet's getting a new partner and Lilah is going to be helping for another week before either spending time with me and Kylie in the bullpen, with intelligence or with Brin depending on the day and how close her due date is. Jay's taking the last two weeks of Lilah's pregnancy off anyways to be with her. I put on my shift gear and walk out the door.

Gabby's POV

I wake up next to Matt. I decided I'm going to tell him I've got a doctor's appointment at the beginning of shift so I can go get the ultrasound to surprise him. "Hey babe, is it okay if I'm like 45 minutes late to shift, I've got an appointment and it's the only time they can fit me in." I say. "Yeah of course." Matt says and I smile before kissing his lips. We both quickly get changed and head off, Matt to shift and I to med.

Matt's POV

I drive off wondering what Gabby's appointment is about, I just hope she's okay and tell me when she's ready to if it's anything important.

Sylvie's POV

I arrive at shift and see Matt walk in on his own which is a rare sight nowadays. I kind of hope something happened between them and now they are arguing or even better not together, but I snap myself out of it knowing that is a devious thing to hope especially for Ellie's sake. When we get into briefing, I'm even more shocked not to see Gabby anywhere. Matt steps up to the podium and says, "As you all know this is Brett and Lilah's last shift on ambo before there maternity leave begins so as of next shift, we will have a floater on ambo with Violet. Also, as you can see Dawson is not here right now but she will be here within the hour so if we get any calls before she's back truck will be one man short. That's all from me. Dismissed." We all stand up and walk out. Stella, Lilah and I walking to each other with the same something's going on here look. "What's the Gabby thing about?" Stella asks. "I don't even know but as much as I don't want to believe it's probably a doctor's appointment, ultrasound even." Lilah says. "That would be very probable." I say kind of mad and happy for her at the same time.

Gabby's POV

I walk into med, as much as I wanted to have my appointment with Manning, I know it would get back to Lilah, which means back to Brett and honestly, I don't want to put this on her. As much as I'm happy about this baby, I feel terrible. I hate myself for what I did to Brett and I kind of wish it all never happened because not only did I loose Brett who was one of my best friends, I lost Lilah and Stella and maybe even Kelly, Matt lost them too. I also caused so much tension around the firehouse. I walk up to the maternity wing to have my ultrasound done. I walk out with ultrasound photos, I decided to keep the heartbeat for me and Matt but how far along I was that shocked me. I was three weeks. Like I knew that's all I could be since that's the first time Matt and I had sex since I was back, but I was shocked that that night was the one I got pregnant. I thought I would be like a week or two.

Stella's POV

I lay on Kelly's bunk whilst he's doing paperwork my back killing me. I had to stand still in one spot on the last call and it was worse than walking. Kelly puts down his paper and walks over to bed and strokes my cheek before kissing my forehead. He goes to sit down on the edge of the bed, but I pull him next to me and snuggle into him. "Better?" Kelly asks leaning down to kiss my lips. "Better." I mutter.

Gabby's POV

I walk back into the firehouse with the ultrasounds in my bag. As much as I want to just tell everyone in that moment, I know I need to keep it a secret for a while and tell Matt first. I turn towards his office and close the door behind me. "So, about the appointment." I say as I close the door. He looks up at me. I pull out the ultrasound images and hand them to him. "Wow." Is all he says. "I know it's not the best timing with Brett about to have your baby, but it's real." I say. He just hugs me real big and I'm not sure how he's feeling towards this.