He's Here

Delilah's POV

"Ooh you've brought the goodies." Kelly says making me laugh. I pass them their bag and phone. I look at my phone, "Geez Stells, 5 missed calls and 87 texts." I say with a small laugh. "Kelly's is worse." Stella says before having a bad contraction and Kelly runs his fingers through her hair with his free hand. After her contraction subsides Kelly looks at his phone. "Your right it is worse, 10 missed calls and 108 texts." He says. "I feel neglected." Brett says, "Only 2 missed calls and 47 texts." She says with a fake pout and we all laugh.

3 hours later

Stella's POV

I'm now about 4 hours into labour and the pain is starting to get more and more unbearable. Kelly's mum, Jennifer should be showing up any minute straight from work. As I think this, I hear the door open once again and Jennifer walks in. Kelly stands up and greets her with a big hug before she walks over to me and gives me a hug. She then hugs Lilah and Sylvie. "How are you feeling." Jennifer asks me. "Extremely tired." I say. "You should try to get some sleep." Jennifer says. "Lilah's been telling me to, but I just can't get comfortable, so they've just been distracting me." I reply. "How far dilalated are you?" Jennifer asks. "I'm definitely slowing down, I'm only 6cm when I was 5cm three hours ago." I say. "It does tend to work like that." Jennifer says. "Can I get you guys anything?" she asks. "I think we're all good, Lilah and Sylvie have been taking turns getting us things and Lilah grabbed a few things for me from our apartment." I say. "That's good." She says. We chat for about 5 more minutes until my contractions start to escalate rapidly. Lilah's stroking my hair and holding a cool towel on my forehead whilst Kelly's letting me squeeze his hand and kissing my hand. Sylvie and Jennifer are giving me support and trying to distract me. Nat comes in to check what caused this drastic escalation in pain. She performs an ultrasound. "The Baby is turning around, that's why you're in pain, but that's good news." Nat says and I feel stress leave my shoulders. "Your labour should start to speed up when he turns completely the right way around." Nat says and Kelly kisses me on the forehead.

6 Hours Later

Stella's POV

After 10 hours of Labour Nat tells me it's time to finally to start to push. I have one hand squeezing Lilah's hand and the other squeezing Kelly's. Sylvie and the nurse each are holding my legs and I began to push. "You got this Stella." Lilah says before I begin to push. After 15 hard pushes and 30 minutes the baby finally arrives. Nat gets Kelly to cut his umbilical cord before placing him on my chest. I begin to cry and see everyone in the room tear up. Kelly gives me a big kiss. "You did it babe." He says. "No, we did it." I say before kissing him. We stare at awe at the baby we created. Then he opens his eyes. There as blue as the ocean. "Aww he's got his daddy's eyes." I say and I see Kelly start to cry. "He has his mommy's hair though." Kelly says. "What's his name." Jennifer asks. I look at Kelly. "You tell them." I say. "Are you sure." Kelly asks and I nod. "Mason Benjamin Severide." Kelly says. "Aww I love it." Sylvie says. "Hey mason." Lilah says picking up his little fingers which I find absolutely adorable. "It suits him." Jennifer says. I pass Mason to Kelly who holds him for a while before passing him off to Jennifer. "You guys created a cute kid." Jennifer says. "We did, didn't we." I say looking at Kelly and he kisses me. Jennifer holds him for a few more minutes before passing him to Lilah who he instantly adores. "How is he so calm with you." Kelly asks curious since when he held Mason, he kept squirming. "He just loves me and I'm a baby genius." Lilah says making us laugh. She passes him on to Sylvie after a minute or so seeing the burning desire she has to hold him. "I'm going to need a photo of Brin holding Mason, she's been looking forward to meeting him." Lilah says. "Aww really." I say. "Yeah, she's going through this baby doll faze at the moment and has been bugging me to give her a sibling." Lilah says making us chuckle. "I'm so glad we did the nursery early babe." I say to Kelly. "Oh yeah, he wanted to make an entry early." Kelly says. "I'm glad you two were on ambo and now you can tell me why you were Liles." I say. "Violet's just off and Sylvie asked me to fill in." Lilah says. "Well, I'm just glad you were there all three of you." I say. "I knew I should have ignored what you said this morning." Kelly says. "Yeah, I regretted telling you to go to work and saying that I'll be fine, after the fact." I say and everyone laughs. "See we do learn things from each experience." Lilah says making us laugh again. "Your just too stubborn." Kelly says. "Yeah, you waited till the last possible moment which also was the worst possible moment since it was during the only call, we had the whole shift." Sylvie says. "That is something I also learnt, don't wait to the last possible minute, it's a bad idea." I say. "I told you that and you still didn't listen." Lilah says. "That's true but you didn't leave it to the last minute, so I didn't see any consequences. Also, I just thought they were Braxton hicks since I was a week out from my due date." I say. "You texted the group the baby's here right Liles?" Kelly asks. "Yeah, there all in the waiting room." Lilah replies. "Do you want to go grab everyone then so they can meet the little one. Try not to mention his name if you can." I say and she nods before walking out.

AN: I hope you all liked this chapter and the Baby's name. The next chapter will definitely be the group meeting the baby and the baby going home. :)