Asserting Dominance

Delilah's POV

I open the door and there stands a woman who I swear looks exactly how Jay described Erin Lindsay to me. "Hi, can I help you." I say. "Oh no I must have gotten the wrong address, You don't happen to know where Jay Halstead lives do you?" She asks. "You haven't gotten the wrong address, I'm his wife Delilah." I say and she seems taken aback. She doesn't say anything so I ask, "Do you need anything or can I get back to watching the Blackhawks game with my family." And I see her eyebrows raise in anger. "No ill get going." She says and I nod before closing the door. Immediately I roll my eyes and control myself from laughing.

Erin's POV

I walk back into my car and know I've really screwed it up, why did I go to his house and why did she have to be so likeable. I really wanted to hate her. I spend the drive home passing familiar places, I've really missed Chicago.

Jay's POV

Lilah returns to the couch with a slight smirk forming at the corner of her mouth. "Brin just told us a lady was just at the door, would that Lady happen to be Erin?" I ask. "Maybe." Liles responds elusively and we all laugh. "Did she run away crying?" Adam asks and I let out a slight chuckle. "No she just knows where she stands if she didn't before." I say and Jay pulls me onto his lap whispers, "Thank you." Into my ear and I nod.

The Next Morning

Jay's POV

I head to work more at ease now that I know Lilah's coming in to check on me, and that Erin has been given a reality check after last night. I kiss Lilah on the cheek before I hop in the Ram and head to work. I walk once again up the steps to intelligence and all I can hear in the back of my head is Lilah's wise words, "Don't let her get to you, she's not worth it." I walk into the locker room and put my bag away before walking into the bullpen and sitting down at my desk opposite Hailey who passes me coffee in my mug. A minute or so later Erin walks up the steps bag over her shoulder, box in her hand. She's definitely back. I don't make any further eye contact as I get started on the reports left over from the previous cases. As everyone arrives Voight walks out of his office and to the front of the bullpen. "As we can all see Lindsay has decided to return to this unit full time and therefore, we are going to shift around some partnerships. Rojas, I want you with Dawson, Burgess I want you with Atwater, Halstead I want you with Ruzek and Upton I want you with Lindsay. That's all. We get called out soon after and when no one else can here Hailey whispers, "Wish me luck." And I chuckle.

1 hour later

We get back from the scene I'm glad that no blood has been shed between Hailey and Erin however it seems no words have been shared either. I don't blame Hailey though I wouldn't say anything either unless it was necessary. I spend every minute checking the time on my phone waiting for 11 when Lilah arrives. I sit there finishing paperwork Hailey and I in conversation when I get the text, "I'm here."

Delilah's POV

I walk into the district and am greeted at the bottom of the steps by Jay. He grabs one of the trays of coffee out of my hands and the bag full of goodies before kissing me quickly before beginning our ascent up the staircase. As I reach the top everyone calls out my name in joy as if they haven't seen me in years or it was a special occasion. I hand out everyone's coffee no longer labelled due to my remarkable memory for their individual orders. I haven't even looked over towards the area Erin is sitting at until I reach Antonio.

Erin's POV

Now coffee too is the first thing I think. I can't help but to compliment her but at the same time I'm dreading the interaction, is she going to pretend our conversation last night didn't occur or is she going to out me in front of everyone including Voight who told me explicitly that's not what to do.

Jay's POV

I hold my breath as I wait for Lilah and Erin's interaction, and I feel like I'm more nervous for this interaction than she is.

Delilah's POV

I reach the desk Erin is sitting at and look up, "You must be new, I'm Delilah, I don't work here I just come see everyone including Jay, my husband often to bring them coffee because the coffee here sucks." I say with a smile that is very much so plastered onto my face.

Erin's POV

I let out a sigh of relief and reply, I'm Erin, Erin Lindsay, nice to meet you.

Delilah's POV

I make my way back around the room until everyone has their coffees and Jay is holding both of ours. "I really want to kiss you right now." Jay whispers as I take my coffee. "What's stopping you." I say and I give him a quick peck on the lips.

9 hours later – 8pm

Erin's POV

After a long day on the job and a few incidents later I finally pack up my things in an empty bullpen, everyone left for the night returning home to their families. I can't help but look over at Jay's desk filled with photo frames and pictures clearly drawn by children. Each picture makes me realise what I lost, what could have been. I can't help but be jealous of this beautiful woman as she stands next to a man that used to be mine in a wedding dress, or with their children or with the rest of the unit, one Voight regards as a family. I walk away in attempt to restrain my emotions from bursting at the seams but as soon as I get into my car that restraint disappears and tears stream down my face.

Jay's POV

Since I returned home from work I've been laying between Lilah's legs my back resting on her chest as she listens to my story with Erin and as usual she's her understanding and comforting self, exactly what I need. When the recap of the years I've tried to shone from my brain comes to a conclusion I abruptly say, "I need you, right now." Because as much as im infuriated by this situation, I am also sincerely attracted by her efforts to assert dominance and stand her ground one which left a growth in my pants long after she left earlier. As much as I wanted to get the story out I've never wanted to have her more. Lilah leans in close to me and whispers, "I think that can be arranged." In a way that is so sexy it could have tipped me far enough to be gone for already. 

A.N. : Sorry for being so lax about posting this past few months have been very busy, but I'm hoping to continue posting more recently hopefully once a fortnight xx Thanks for reading and your comments, votes and bookmarks are greatly appreciated.