A little surprise

Later that day

Delilah's POV

I took Jay back to his apartment. "I'll pick you up in the morning and take you to Med." I say as I place his bags down and get him settled." I say. "Don't you have shift." He asks. "No, because I called my Chief notifying him, I'll be coming in about 30 minutes late to shift and he gave me the all clear to do so." I say. "You did that." He says. "Yes." I say going in to kiss him. We kiss. Little does he know I asked to take the shift off so I could be there with him. "I have to get back home, I don't want to leave Brin home alone for too long, are you all good, need anything before I go." I say. "Maybe one thing then you can go." He says seductively. "And what is that." I say matching his seductiveness. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my lips passionately. I kiss him back. "We can continue this in the morning." He whispers in my ear, "Go check on Brin." He says. I kiss him on the forehead. "Deal." I say. I walk out of his apartment.

The Next Morning

Delilah's POV

Brin takes the bus to school since she also thinks I have shift today. I wear my normal clothes pretending I'll get changed when I'm at the house. I drive to Jay's place. I knock on the door, Jay hobbles to the door unlocking it for me. He kisses me as I walk in. "You ready to go." I say. "Well, you said you have thirty minutes off shift and it only takes ten to get to med, so technically we have twenty minutes to continue on from last night." He says with a smirk. "I like your thinking." I say. We walk to the bedroom.

Twenty Minutes Later

"We've got to get going otherwise your Chief will be unhappy." Jay says putting his shirt back on. "It's fine I told him about 30 minutes, not thirty minutes exactly so he won't kill me over a few minutes." I say. He pulls me into a kiss. "C'mon let's go, knowing the two of us it will take more than ten minutes to get to med." He says with a smile. I laugh. "Good point." I say. We drive to med pull into the carpark. "Why are we in the carpark, I thought you were just dropping me off." He says and I kiss him. "Let's go see your unit." I say. "Don't you have shift." He asks. "Nope I took it off." I say. "I wanted to surprise you. He kisses me on the head. "Well you surprised me." He says

Will's POV

I see my brother walk into the ED on his crutch and his free arm around the new firefighter on truck 81 at firehouse 51, Delilah. The one who's friends with Stella and Kelly. I then see her kiss him on the forehead as they make their way to the ICU. "Good going little Bro." I say making myself laugh. Maggie walks up to me. "Snooping in on your brother's love life I see." She says. We both laugh. "He seems happier than I've seen him in a while, she's a great girl I met her here a few weeks ago with Stella." Maggie says. "I've never met her but from I've seen my brother's very happy since she's came into his life." I say.

Jay's POV

I can't believe Lilah took the shift off to come to the hospital with me this morning. I was so happy when she said she was picking me up but this, it made me ecstatic. I couldn't stop smiling at her. We walked up to the ICU together. When we walk in, I see Hailey talking to Doctor Marcel. After she's finished talking to Marcel, we walk up to her and ask her what's the update on their conditions. She smiles. "They're all awake and conscious, Marcel has just given us permission to see Burgess and Ruzek, but Voight wants to talk to them first and after that we are free so see." She says. A big weight lifts off my shoulders I look at Lilah and smile. "I'll wait out here whilst you talk to them." She says. "Are you sure, I doubt they would mind." I reply. "Yes, I'm sure." She says and kisses my forehead Voight walks out and me and Hailey walk towards their rooms. Hailey seeing Burgess and me seeing Ruzek. Voight walks over to Lilah.

Hank's POV

I walk out of their rooms and see Hailey and Jay walk in. I see Lilah waiting outside with a smile on her face. I walk up to her. "Hey kiddo, good to see you again." I say. "Good to see you too, Sergeant." She replies. "Firstly, I wanted to say a congratulations on that Arson homicide case awhile back, I never really got to thank you but the information you provided us was a crucial reason behind why we solved that case and Two, thank you for being around these last few days for Jay, it meant a lot to him to have you here." I say. "Thank you, Sergeant, I'm glad I could help with that case and I'm glad your unit is okay." She says. She's a really nice girl and I can already tell she's really good for Jay, he's really happy with her. I'm glad he could sort the Hailey thing out and that he finally gave dating outside of the unit a try.

Adam's POV

I was talking to Jay about the outside world and what's happened whilst I was dying then I see Lilah standing talking to Voight outside. "Oh were you trying to hide that one from me." I ask looking at Lilah, "How's things going with her." His face light's up. "Really, really good." He says. "Damn that good I assume things escalated over the past few days then." I say. He smiles at me. "You could say that." He says with a gigantic smile on his face. "I'm happy for you man." I say.

AN: Hope you guys liked this chapter :)