Welcome Back Halstead

Two-Weeks-Later

Delilah's POV

Jay and I's honeymoon has come to an end, and we are going home today. Were all packed and head to the airport. Jay once again purchased first class tickets for us both. We board the plane and sit and talk. "You know what I love about you." He says. "What." I say looking at him. "How sweet, caring, damn hot you are and how you make me feel." He says. "You know what I love about you? I say and he kisses me and strokes my hair. "What." He says, "How you make me feel safe, how I know I can talk to you about anything, and you won't judge me but instead listen and comfort me." I say. He pulls me closer to him and after a while we both fall asleep with my head resting on his shoulder.

8 hours later

Jay's POV

We land back in Chicago and although it's a hot day it's nowhere near how hot it was in Hawaii. I put my arm around Lilah and walk out of the gates. We are greeted by Stella, Kelly and Brin who are picking us up. Brin runs up to Lilah and gives her a big hug. "I missed you." She says. "I missed you too." Lilah replies. She grabs Brins hand and walks over to Stella and Kelly and gives them a big hug. "Thanks for watching her for the last week." Lilah says. "No worries." Stella replies. We walk towards her car, and she takes us back to our place. "You're coming to shift tomorrow right Liles." Stella asks. "Yeah why." Lilah replies.   "Just wondering." Stella says. "Anyways you two rest up then for work tomorrow then." Kelly says when we arrive at ours. We both say goodbye before walking inside our house.

The Next Morning

Delilah's POV

I wake up with Jay lying next to me. We lay there for a few minutes before Brin walks in and asks for breakfast. I quickly get changed into my shift clothes and walk out into the kitchen. "What do you want to eat." I ask. "Waffles." Brin says excitedly. "Okay then." I say grabbing the waffles out and maple syrup. She eats and starts to walk down to the bus stop before Jay and I head out for work. I kiss him before getting in my car and heading to the firehouse. When I get to the firehouse, I don't see anyone. Maybe there all in the common room, I think. I walk into the common room and don't see anyone. When I get towards the end of the room everyone jumps out from behind the kitchen. "Welcome Back." They all yell. I smile and laugh. "How did you not jump." Stella asks. "I have an 7-year-old who loves coming around corners and scaring me." I say with a small laugh. "She's just jealous because she jumped to Australia when they did this after we got back." Kelly says. "Ahh, makes sense." I say. Chief reaches and grabs something from behind the counter. "Your new bunker gear." He says. I look at it and it says Halstead instead of Averton and it has lieutenant on it. "Aww guys, I love it." I say. "Whose idea was this." I ask. "Kelly's but Stella gave him the idea." Brett says. "I'm not a permanent lieutenant so why does it say that." I ask. "Because you at least have another year as lieutenant and plus your one no matter if you're in charge of truck or not." Chief says. I smile. "I'm glad your back, your replacement was a stick up." Mouch says sarcastically and I laugh. "I doubt that." I say. "Thank you.' Chief says and we all laugh. The bells go off. "Ambo 61, Truck 81, person trapped 2600 Rosevelt Terrace." I grab my gear and head towards truck. "You got this Halstead." Kelly says to me as I head out. "That's going to take some getting used to." I mutter under my breath. I like it though, it's a good change.

Jay's POV

I walk back up into intelligence and there all talking. "Oh, he's back." They all say as I walk in. I hug them all. "Good to be back." I say. "How was the honeymoon." Rusek asks. "What do you think." I say sarcastically. "From your expression amazing and you wished it could have been longer." He replies. "Bang on for once Adam." I say laughing.

Delilah's POV

We head to the scene. A teenaged boy got himself stuck in a baby swing. "How did this happen." I ask him. "A dare." He says. I nod. We try and unhook the chains from the frame, but it won't budge. "Gallo, Settineri grab me the chainsaw, Mouch grab me two pairs of safety glasses." I say. They bring me the chainsaw and glasses. "I need you to put these on and look away." I tell the boy. He nods and puts them on. I put my own on. I grab the saw and cut the chains. Mouch and Gallo carefully lower the boy. He then pulls himself out of the seat. "Thanks." He says. "No problem, but next time maybe think about the consequences of the dare before you do it." I say and he nods. He walks over to Ambo to get checked out and we pack up the scene. We load up and head back to the house. "How was the call." Kelly asks me. "Funny, teenage boy got himself stuck in a baby swing after he was dared to sit in it." I say. "Teenage boys." Kelly says. "I've seen girls do the same thing; just ask Stella she knows what it feels like to get stuck in one of those swings." I say and Kelly looks at me stunned. "She got stuck in a baby swing." He asks. "Yeah, It was a dare and I did it first but got out fine because I was a stick back then, but she got stuck when she tried, it was hilarious." I say and Kelly laughs. "Good to be back then." He asks. "Yes, but I enjoyed the honeymoon." I say. "There's not going to be a honeymoon baby is there." Kelly asks with a laugh. "A firm no." I say. "Okay good." He replies and I walk back through to the common room. I take a photo of my gear and send it to Jay, "Look what my gear says now, courtesy of Stella and Kelly."

Jay's POV

My phone buzzes. It's Lilah. I open the images and smile. "Love it, Lieutenant Halstead." I say. "That's going to take some getting used to." She replies. "What are you smiling at." Rusek asks suspicious. I show him the photos. He's surprised by that. "Aww that's cute, and not what I was expecting." He says and Kim slaps him across the head with a binder "Adam." she says her voice slightly raised. We all laugh. 

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)