Do You Want to Meet Your Daughter?

3 Weeks Later

Sylvie's POV

I wake up around 5 am with a sharp pain across my abdomen. For the past few days, I've been having Braxton hick contractions and I don't think this is any different. I turn over trying to get comfortable and fall back asleep. An hour I wake up and the pain is intense. It is so much worse than it has been lately, and I think I'm in real labour. I pick up my phone and call Stella then Lilah who say they're on their way over. I lay back down on my bed and curl up into a ball. I hear a knock on the door followed by keys. I uncurl myself and see Stella and Lilah walking towards my room. "Lilah and Stella grab my hands and slowly sit me up before pulling me up onto my feet. We take a few steps before I feel the sudden urge to go to the bathroom followed by a gush of water. "Okay Sylvie your water just broke." Lilah says as I feel a sharp pain across my stomach. They walk me out my biting my lip the whole time to try and take my mind off the pain. The place me in the back where Stella sits next to me and holds my hand tight whilst Lilah drives. We arrive at Med five minutes later where Manning is waiting for us. They get me into a chair and wheel me up to the maternity wing where they do an exam on me before getting me an epidural ordered. Stella and Lilah by my side the whole time. The labour is progressing really slowly. I'm only 1 cm whereas by the time Stella came in with Mason she was 3 cm so I can already feel this is going to be a long labour.

Casey's POV

The whole house got the message that Brett is in labour, and I feel like I should be there even though I know what Sylvie said when we talked last after all this is my child, she is having. I grab my keys off the kitchen counter and head to med.

Stella's POV

Lilah and I are sitting on either side of the bed when I see Lilah's face turn into shock. She stands up and almost marches towards the door. She says something I can't hear to someone I can't see before stepping outside out of view and closing the door behind her.

Delilah's POV

"What in the world do you think you're doing here." I say to Matt as he stands outside of Brett's room. "Seeing the birth of my child." Matt says. "Well Sylvie doesn't want you in there and if she hasn't already made that clear I will. You. Are. Not. Welcome. In. The. Room." I say and Matt looks at me with plead in his eyes which I ignore. "We'll come find you when she's here you'll be one of the first to meet her I promise but she doesn't need any more stress on her, do you hear me." I say and Matt nods not completely happy and I turn my back and walk back into the room. Stella and Sylvie look up at me. "Who and what was that about." Stella asks. I wonder whether I should just come clean to them or lie, and I decide lying's bad and to tell them. "It was Matt, but I told him to wait in the waiting room." I say. "Thank god, if I saw him, I would have yelled at him, like did I not make myself clear enough." Sylvie says and I nod. "That's exactly what I said and then he looked like he was scared of me for a second and then walked away." I say and they laugh before Sylvie gets another contraction.

Sylvie's POV

As the hours passed, we were all starting to get tired but especially me. The labour had really started to slow down once I reached 5 centimetres which is generally normal but not what I was hoping would happen. After 15 hours of excruciating and tiresome labour I finally reached the full ten centimetres and I start to push. This part was the worst, the amount of pressure mixed with pain was overwhelming, but I was glad Lilah and Stella where there with me. Each of them holding one of my hands, encouraging me and reassuring me that I'm doing so well, and I've got this. After what felt like forever of pushing, they got Lilah and Stella to help cut the umbilical cord before placing her on my chest. I held her in awe tears of joy streaming down my face and down Lilah and Stella's. "You've got a gorgeous healthy baby girl there." Natalie says exiting the room. "Do you want some more alone time or can I announce she's here and let Matt in." Lilah asks. "One more thing before you do that, I want to tell you both her name." I say and they look up at me. "Brooklyn Amelia Casey-Brett, but I'm going to call her Brooke for short." I say and they smile. "Hi Brookie." Lilah says and I smile looking up at them. "I couldn't have done this without you guys so thank you." I say before giving them both a big hug and a turn of holding Brooke before Lilah texts the group chat and let's Matt in.

Matt's POV

I see the group chat message and a few moments later Lilah walks out and grabs me. "You can come meet your daughter now." Lilah says and I stand up and follow her into the room. As soon as I walk in I see my baby girl in her mothers arms. I look at her in awe and smile at Sylvie. "What's her name?" I ask. "Brooklyn Amelia Casey-Brett. Do you want to hold her?" Sylvie says and I nod. "I would love to." I say as she holds out Brooke and I transfer her into my arms and rock her back and forth getting lost in her gorgeous blue eyes.

AN: I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I'm sorry about not being able to post yesterday or earlier today, I've had a lot of family stuff and haven't gotten any down time to write this until now x :)