Best Job In The World

6 months later

Kylie's POV

I wake up at 5:30 overwhelmed with excitement. 2 weeks ago, I passed the firefighter test at the academy, and I got my candidate placement two days ago and couldn't be happier. I got my dream house, 51 and today is my first shift on truck 81 working under Stella and Lilah. I couldn't sleep for the entirety of last night waking up in hour intervals checking the time then spending the next ten minutes trying to fall back asleep. I grab my shift gear labelled candidate and put them on. They are like my favourite thing ever and I couldn't be happier to be wearing them. I start to do my hair before sitting on my phone for a while checking the time what feels like every twenty minutes when in actuality it's 20 seconds.

7:45 – 15 minutes before bells up at 51

Stella's POV

I jump out of the car and wait for Kelly to get around to my side before grabbing his hand. I see Lilah park up next to me and then Kylie the one down from her. I almost run over to Kylie to give her a big hug and Lilah and Kelly follow. "Welcome to your first day of the best job in the world." I say. Lilah hugs Kylie before saying, "Now this is the end of us being nice for a while because we are really supposed to be hard asses to you but because it's you, we'll tone it down a tad." I laugh and kylie nods before saying, "Yes Lieutenants."

Kylie's POV

I walk into the firehouse I've worked at since I was 17 but now it's different, I actually work work here. We go to briefing where I'm introduced before the bells ring, and we head out to a call. We all move towards the app floor, and we all put on our gear before jumping into the truck. "Estevez stick by my side and follow my lead, do you copy?" Stella asks and I nod before saying, "Yes Lieutenant." We arrive at the scene where you can see the flames high up on the second floor. We jump out the truck and Kidd tells Halstead, Gallo, and I to mask up whilst Mouch higher up the airol. We go up to the second floor, me following Stella like I'm her shadow, Squad searching the lower floor. We search the two floors and find three people in the fire before clearing it. When we had confirmation no one else was inside we head outside before Engine puts water on the fire evidentially putting it out. "Good job candidate." Gallo says as we walk back to the truck after packing up the scene.

Sylvie's POV

As soon as we leave med after the last call, we get another, this time to what sounds like a police shootout. We arrive and the intelligence unit is on scene. "One victim's dead but the other's alive, barely." Hailey says rushing to us. We rush into the house, and I feel my arm brush against someone's. I look over my shoulder and see it was Antonio's. I slightly smile at him before turning around and continue following Violet and Hailey through the house. We arrive at the girl who's barely breathing, and Jay is doing CPR on. We get her heart rate up and get her breathing once again before loading up in the ambo.

The Next Day – 5:30pm

Sylvie's POV

I'm getting ready to head to Lilah's where she's holding a welcome to 51 party sort of thing for Kylie with the girls – (so Stella, Violet, Gabby, Kylie, Lilah and I) when I get a text from Antonio. I open it and it reads, "Hey Sylvie, it was nice seeing you again, Are you free tonight? It would be nice to catch up." I contemplate on it for a second before deciding to reply with, "Yeah, it would be nice to catch up, any ideas?" knowing I've already dropped Brooke off with the boys who are at Gabby and Matt's looking after all the kids. "My place in 20 mins? I've got drinks and food." Antonio replies. "I'll be there." I reply with smiling at my phone before slightly tweaking my outfit and putting on more sexy undergarments before heading off to Antonio's.

Delilah's POV

All the girls and I are sitting in the living room, all of us wine in hand (except for Violet). "See this is what I need, a night without the kids and with my girls." Stella says putting her arm around me. "Yes, I'm just thinking about how the guys are doing with all those kids." Gabby says and we all laugh. "Has anyone got through to Brett, I called her half an hour ago and she said she was getting ready and, on her way, and all, I'm starting to get worried." I say and Stella nods. "I sent her a text but nothing in response." Violet says. "I bet she's fine she's probably stuck in traffic or fell asleep; she was exhausted on shift." Stella says and we nod.

Sylvie's POV

I walk up to Antonio's door and knock on it. He opens it and he smiles before inviting me inside. I'm about to say something before he leans in and kisses me. I put my hand on the side of his face as he wraps his arm around my waist. We get deeper into the kiss before he grabs at my jumper and then t-shirt before placing my on the kitchen countertop. I unbutton his shirt and undo his belt before we deepen into the kiss where we stay for the next minute or so before he carries me to his bedroom.

Delilah's POV

"Okay, Question 2 about me, how many last names have I had throughout my life, bonus points if you can name them all." I say and they all start writing on their whiteboards. They all show me their answers. All of them got Averton and Halstead but only Stella got the other two. "You've had four?" Violet says as she looks over at Stella's board. "Yeah, so Severide, technically what is on my birth certificate but when I went into school, I was given my mums maiden name Averton, then when I got married the first time Harris, and then I technically went back to Averton and now I'm a Halstead." I say and some of them look at me shocked. "I'm going to be honest I thought Averton was your name from your first marriage." Violet says. "That is very understandable especially because of Brin since she always changed with me." I say. "I knew different and so did Stella but that's because we were at that first wedding." Gabby says and Stella nods. "Okay my turn." Stella says.

AN: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, sorry for the inconsistencies, I've had so many assessments this week and I've been stressing about those a lot xx