Torn

Next Day – Brin's School

Delilah's POV

I had just got a call from Brin's school saying she felt unwell and wanted to go home so I drove to pick her up. I got her in the car, and she looked pale and tired. "Mummy are we going home." She asks almost in tears. "Yes baby." I reply, "What's hurting Baby." I ask. "My stomach." She says. "When we get home mommy will give you special medicine." I say. "Okay." She replies. "Now rest, I'll carry you if you fall asleep." I say to her. She closes her eyes and rests her head on the side of her car seat. We arrive at the house and she's out cold I grab my bag and pick her up, I haven't had to carry her in ages and she's heavier than she looks. I place her down on the couch once inside so I can keep a closer eye on her, I have the medicine out on the counter for when she wakes up but for now I'll let her rest. i feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pull it out, it's Voight. I answer it. "Hi Lilah, Intelligence has just been a part of a bad bust and Jay's been shot in the leg, he's fine and he's stable but he just wanted me to inform you." He said "Thank you for letting me know." I say. He hangs up. I'm torn. What should I do, bring my daughter to a hospital sick or don't go to the hospital to see Jay? I sit for a few minutes wondering what I should do when Brin wakes up. "Mommy my stomach doesn't hurt as much anymore." She says. "That's good." I say. The colour has come back to her, so I check her temperature and it's back to normal. I give her some medicine anyways. "What's wrong." she asks, "Am I not getting better." "No, your fine baby." I reply. "Well, what's wrong then." She asks obviously seeing I'm having an internal conflict. I'm torn whether I should tell her, she's looking at me with her gorgeous brown eyes and I give in. "One of my friends got injured at work and is at the hospital that's all baby." I say. She grabs my hand. "Let's go then." She says, "I feel better, let's go see your friend." "Are you sure baby, you didn't feel well a minute ago." I say to her. She looks at me dead in the eye then pulls my arm towards the kitchen counter and passes me my keys. "What are you waiting for." She says and I laugh.

At Med

Jay's POV

I'm so worried right now, Hailey and Voight are speaking to the doctor about the others conditions, it doesn't sound good. I got lucky. Just 1 to the leg through and through but it doesn't sound like they did get as lucky. I was about to call to Voight when I see Lilah walk up to the Nurses desk with Brinley. The nurse points in my direction and she walks towards my room holding hands with Brinley. "Go sit down." She tells Brin. "Are you ok." She asks me grabbing my hand. "Yeah, I got lucky." I say before she kisses me on the forehead. Hailey walks in. She walks up to Lilah "Do you want me to take her to get something to eat so you guys can have some alone time." She asks. "That would be amazing." Lilah replies. Hailey walks out and Lilah mouths thank you to her. "What happened." She asked. "A drug bust went wrong, they pulled out guns there was too many of them, Burgess, Atwater and Rusek are either in surgery or unconscious from the last I heard." I say. She strokes my hair. "I thought Brin had school today, how come she's not there?" I ask her. "She went home sick." She said. I cut her off, "What, why didn't you stay home with her." I say. "She told me she felt better after medicine and a nap and that child can be very convincing and persuasive." I looked at her. "And she knows me too well and saw I was upset, and I spilled, she then begged me into going to the hospital to see you." She says. I kiss her on the cheek. "You still didn't have to come, I'm fine, I'm getting discharged tomorrow." I said. "You know why I came, because I wanted to make sure you're okay and I also wanted to see you." She says with a smile at the end. "How did I get so lucky to have you as my girlfriend." I say. "You the lucky one." She says. "Please, I'm the lucky one." She kisses me on the forehead. I shooch over slightly and Lilah sits next to me on the bed holding onto my hand then "Here comes the little munchkin." I say as Brin and Hailey walk back into the room. She runs up to her mom and gives her a big hug. "Thanks for that Hailey." Lilah says. "No worries." She says with a big smile, "She's a cutie." Brin passes Lilah a chocolate bar. "It's your favourite, white chocolate." She says with a big smile. "Thank you and it is." Lilah says. She passes one to Jay. "Here you go, to make you feel better." She says. I give her a big smile, "Thank you, how did you know this is also my favourite type of chocolate." I say. The four of us talk for the next half an hour, then the alarm's go off. Code Blue, ICU Room 4. "That's Ruzek's Room." Hailey says.

AN: Hope you guys liked this chapter sorry for the gap between posting chapters :)