Man Down

Shift – Firehouse 51

Delilah's POV

We all just got out of briefing and were about to head to the common room when the bells went off. Ambo 61, Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, House Fire, 260 Barigan Drive. We load up and head out to the scene. We arrive and find nobody outside claiming to live there, there's only by standers. They inform us that an old woman lives inside the house and it's possible her two granddaughters are in there too since they were there yesterday. "Cruz, Averton, Gallo you will start a primary search on one with me, Mouch and Settineri get the airol up on the roof and vent, engine get a line in there." Kelly says. I mask up and Kelly tells me to follow him and for Gallo and Cruz to go together I find it a bit strange but don't argue. We walk into the first room which looks like the playroom and find the two girls hiding under a table. "Hey, let's get you two out of here." I say. They come out from under the table and Kelly carries the older of the two and I grab the younger. We carry them off and hand them to the paramedics to check them out. We don't see the woman. Kelly radios through "Cruz, Gallo have you got eyes on the woman." "Negative." Cruz responds. We mask back up and continue to search. We walk towards the back of the house and boom. The room flashes over. I'm un hit. "Kelly, you okay." I yell. "Yeah." He says but I'm not convinced. "Cruz, Gallo status." "All good lieutenants." Gallo responds. I stand up and so does Kelly. He takes two steps before fainting back onto me. "I need assistance, Severide is down, kitchen." I radio through. I look at his back and see a massive piece of glass. "Coming lieutenant." Cruz says. "Looks like a piece of glass in his back." I say. Cruz and Gallo assist me in getting him out and we put him on his side on the gurney. "Is he going to be ok." I ask. " It all depends how deep the glass went Lilah, but I'm hopeful." Brett says. I'm hoping he's going to be ok, Stella needs him and his son is going to need him too. "I'm going to take truck back to the house and pick up Stella and bring her to med." I say. "Good plan." Chief says. Mouch drives truck back to the house. I walk in to grab Stella. "Hey, Stella." I say. "What's wrong." She says immediately. She knows me to well. "Were going to med, Kelly was injured on the last call." I say. She starts crying and I give her a big hug. "Brett's hopeful he'll make it, he's just got glass all over his back that's all." I say as she has her head buried in my chest. I walk her to truck and let Gallo sit in the front seat so I can comfort Stella for the drive. We arrive at med and the rest of the house notifies us that "Kelly is in surgery to have the glass removed and to repair any damage the glass may have caused." Stella starts to break down and we got to walk over to the chairs and I gasp when a sharp pain falls across my body. My stomach hurts and I begin feeling dizzy. I look down at my shirt underneath my bunker coat and see it covered in blood. "Are you okay Lieutenant." Chief asks. I shake my head and look down once again at my shirt before I pass out. The next thing I'm in a bed in the ED.

Stella's POV

First my husband and father of my child in surgery and now Lilah too. I start crying, what if they don't make it. The two most important people in my life, I can't lose them. Sylvie can see I'm distraught and keeps stroking my hair and saying there going to be okay. "I'm going to see if they have an update on Lilah.' Sylvie tells me and I nod. Just as she's about to stand up Maggie comes through the doors and walks towards me. "No update on Kelly yet but Delilah's awake and is asking for you two." She says and we follow her through to Lilah's room "What the hell happened back there, you scared me to death." I say to her. "Apparently I had glass in my side too, it wasn't deep, so I didn't have to get it surgically removed but it's going to leave a scar." She says. "We already called Jay and told him your here he should be here any minute but he hasn't answered my texts in the last few minutes." I say. "Thank you." She says, "And he's probably driving, so responsible." She says making us both laugh. "How's Kelly." She asks. "No updates, still in surgery." Brett says, I'm almost in tears. Lilah hugs me. "He'll pull through, us Severide's have 9 million lives remember." She says making me laugh a little. Then Jay walks into the ED. "Here comes your boyfriend." I say. "We'll leave you two alone." I say with a small laugh, and she pulls her tongue out a me.

Jay's POV

I was so worried I literally told Voight I was going to med and don't know when I'm coming back. I'm probably going to end up paying for that I think to myself. Hailey follows me and we walk into med together. We walk into the ED waiting room and see it occupied by 51. I'm about to go up to Maggie's desk when I see Stella and Brett walk out of a room. I assume it was Lilah's and I was right. I walk in and she smiles. "I thought I said we want to stop meeting up at the hospital." I say with a small laugh. I grab her hand and kiss it. She pulls me into a hug. "I'm okay, I'm just going to have another scar and a few stitches for the next few days to weeks." She says nonchalantly. "Well, I was worried about you, I basically told my boss I was leaving to go to med and that was it." I say. "Aww, it's cute how much you worry about me." She says mockingly pulling me into a kiss. "Hey, you worry just as much as I do.' I sass back. "Valid point." She says. "You best not have ditched a case for me though you know that Voight's going to be mad at you." she says. "It doesn't matter your more important, you'll always come first and plus your worth it even if Voight puts a target on my head." I say. "Your so selfless." she says before kissing me. We talk for a few minutes before Maggie walks in. "We've got an update on Kelly." She says.

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and i added a cliffhanger to this chapter!!! :)