Wait, What

Sylvie's POV

Matt looks at me as soon as I shut the door. I feel like I'm about to break down and he can see it too. He stands up, walks over to me and gives me a big hug. "What's wrong my love." He asks. I don't say anything. I just stand there in silence. He rubs my back comforting me. When I calm down, I finally open my mouth, "I think I might be pregnant." I say, I start to break down even more and can hardly breath. He looks at me, "Woah, woah, calm down." He says sitting me down on the couch, "When you said you think, you mean you haven't taken a test right, so you don't know." "I haven't but I'm late, I've been nauseous all week, and I just know I am." I say. "What's so bad if you are then." Matt says. "I don't know, I know we both want kids, but I thought it would be more down the line than this." I say. "If you, are we will work it out, but until then we don't get ahead of ourselves." Matt says and gives me a big hug. "Shift's over anyway so we can head out, grab you a pregnancy test, and go home." Matt says.

20 minutes later back at Brett and Casey's Apartment

Sylvie's POV

I walk straight to the bathroom with the pregnancy test in my hand. My whole body is trembling. I wait the three minutes before picking up the test. "I can't look at it, you look." I say to Matt. "Are you sure?" He asks and I nod. He picks it up and turns it over. My heart begins to race. He looks at it before turning it towards me. I read it. "I'm pregnant." I say in shock. I start to cry. About 5000 emotions hit me at once. I bury my head into Matt's chest. He strokes my hair and carries me out onto the couch. We both don't say anything for ages although I start to feel guilty about how I am reacting to the news. "I'm sorry." I say. "You don't need to be sorry for anything." Matt says. "No, I do need to say sorry, I shouldn't have reacted like that, and I don't know why I did, because I feel the completely opposite way." I say. He hugs me. "Do you want to book an appointment to see the baby?" I say. "I would love to." Matt says before kissing my lips. I pick up my phone and book an appointment with Natalie at Med. "I hope the baby gets your looks." Matt says. "No, it would be cuter if it looked like you." I reply before beginning to talk to Maggie at med. After the call I snuggle in with matt on the couch.

The Next Day

Chicago Med

Sylvie's POV

We walk into Med and Maggie directs us into Bay 5. We walk in and I sit on the bed whilst Matt sits on the chair beside me. Doctor Manning walks in. "Hi Sylvie, Is everything okay?" Nat asks. "I think I'm pregnant." I say. "Congratulations and second of all are you happy for me to perform an ultrasound?" Nat asks. "Yes, all good." I say and she grabs the wand and applies the gel to the end. "There's your baby." Nat says. I look over at Matt and squeeze his hand. I see him start to tear up. "You look around 3 weeks." Nat says and I nod. "Would you like to hear the heartbeat." Nat asks. "Yes please." I say and she repositions the wand so we can hear the heartbeat. Matt kisses me on the forehead and we both have small tears filling our eyes. "I'll have you back here in 5 weeks to check on the baby and how you're doing." Nat says. "Thanks Nat." I say before she walks out of the room. I kiss Matt and he helps me off the bed. We walk to the car with the ultrasounds in my hand. I sit down in the car and stare at them. "You know I'm going to be hopeless keeping this secret around the firehouse, I think Lilah's already picked up on it since I did the same thing Stella did when she found out she was pregnant with Mason." I say. "Why don't we tell them next shift them so they can find out from us not others." Matt says. "Sounds like a good plan Babe." I say. I hug him and then we begin the drive back to our place.

Stella's POV

1 hour Later at the loft

"Babe can you please come help me decide which of these dresses I should wear for the firefighter of the year awards in two weeks." I yell to Kelly. "What are the options." Kelly says walking into the room. "This black one." I say picking up Kelly's favourite black dress which is off the shoulder, "This blue one." I say picking up my new royal blue straight across dress with spaghetti straps. "Or this one." I say picking up and emerald, green dress which is one shouldered. "I like the black one, but I know you look gorgeous in all of them Babe." Kelly says and I kiss him. "I knew you would pick that one." I say. "Your mum is watching Mason right." I say. "Yes, it's all good, I got it covered babe." Kelly says. He pulls my red one out of the closet, "Why aren't you wearing this one." Kelly says. "Because Lilah's wearing her red one and I don't want to take anything away from her because it's her big night." I say. "You're such a good friend." Kelly says with a laugh and grabs me by the waist before kissing me.   

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I will try and post one probably in about an hour :)