Your Okay

Delilah's POV

We finish eating and I put my ring in its box in my locker. As I'm about to walk out of the locker room the bells go off. Ambo 61, Engine 51, Squad 3, Truck 81, School Fire, Lakeshore Elementary School. My heart skips a beat, that's Brin's school. I walk out and I can see Stella's worried for me. She can see the worried expression on my face. "You alright Lieutenant." Hermann asks me. "That's my daughter's school." I say zoning out before heading towards the truck. As I sit in the passenger side my mind keeps flickering between the road and worst case scenarios. What if she's hurt? What if she doesn't make it? What if I can't save her either? We arrive on scene my mind all over the place. "Lilah, you know this place best, where do they evacuate to they aren't here." Kelly asks. "They normally evacuate here unless they can't so they will be at the oval." I say. "Alright." Kelly says. "Truck start a primary search on the top floor, squad take the bottom floor, engine get a line in there, ambo victims have evacuated to the Oval start treating any injured their and ask about any people unaccounted for." I say. Just as I do I see young kids waving from a window. "Gallo, mask up and follow me." I say. I walk towards the window the kids are trapped in. "I need you to stand back and cover your eyes." I say. They move away and close their eyes I break the glass and climb through the window. I grab the kids and one by one pass them to Gallo. More ambo's roll up and Ridder shows them to the ambos to get checked out. We clear the rest of the kids out of the room and start the search on the top floor. The first few rooms are all cleared including Brin's which I was relieved by. I walk into the final room the bathroom and find two little girls around four hiding under the sinks. I know them, there Brin's best friends' younger sisters. I call for Gallo but as I do flames cover the door. I look around the room looking for any possible ways out besides the door. There's only a window. I know I must do a rope rescue with both of them, I can't leave one of them but it's going to be risky. "Captain I'm trapped with two young girls and the flames are getting too strong, I'm going to have to perform a rope rescue with both of them unless you can get the airol here in less than a minute." I say. "Perform the rope rescue the airol won't be able to get to you intime." He says. I grab the ropes and start setting up the rescue before I grab the two young girls. "You're going to have to hold onto me really tight." I say. They nod their heads and grip onto me tight. I put one of my arms around them to hold onto them whilst the other guides the rope lowering us down slowly. When we get to the ground, I carry them over to the Ambulance "Stephanie and Louise Walker, Four Years Old." I tell the ambo before walking off. I see many people clapping for me. "You knew them." Kelly asks. "Brin's best friend Chloe's younger sisters." I say. Kelly pats me on the shoulder. "Quite a save, I wouldn't of even attempted that with the two little ones." Kelly says. "When you become a parent, you'll understand why I did it." I say before walking off to get a breath of air. When my head finally stops spinning I walk back over to the rest of them. "Did everyone get out." I ask. "Yeah actually, those two you saved were the last two unaccounted for and all our men are out, engine's just about to put water on the fire." Kelly says. When he says everyone's out accounted for a giant wait lifts of my shoulders. "Severide, truck's going to have to stay behind at the scene so I can get Brin, they're going to have to send everyone home and I need to grab her." I say. "Got it." He says. "You guys can stay behind if you want some glory and many thank you's." I say with a small laugh. "I'll pass." Kelly says. "I'll see you back at the house then." Kelly says. "Yeah, tell Stella Brin's okay as soon as you get there knowing her seeing Truck didn't show back up will probably make her think something happened." I say. "Will do and thanks for that reminder." He says and walks off. I wait for a few minutes when the kids start walking round the school to the front where many parents are waiting. Brin runs up to me. "Mommy, did you put out the fire." She asks. "Yeah, I did." I say. "Somebody said you rescued Steph and Louise from the second story by yourself." She says. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I say with a smile. The principal walks up to me and thanks me and my house for everything. "I'm just glad everyone's safe and no one has major injuries." I say. "Okay then, Brin you can sit in my seat in the Truck because I'm going to have to take you back to the Firehouse and when you get there can you go hug aunty Stella, she was very worried about you okay." I say to her, and she smiles super big. "Yay and I want to hug her anyways!" she says. "That's my girl." I say. I put her in my seat, and we drive back to the house. "I wish this was my job." She says. "Maybe one day it will be." I say to her. We park the truck and Stella is waiting on the apparatus floor. I grab Brin out and she runs towards Stella and gives her a big hug. "I got to ride on the truck!" She says excitedly. "Did you now." Stella says before hugging me."Do you mind watching her whilst I'm on calls, I don't want her wondering off or causing any trouble." I ask "Of course, she's no trouble and I love spending time with my niece." She says. "Thank you, and if your up for a tto give her something to do give her my phone you know where I leave it and let her watch something on YouTube, just a friendly warning the theme songs will get stuck in your head." I say as I give her a big hug. "Got it." Stella replies with a small laugh.

AN: I hope you guys liked this chapter of the story probably the last one I'll post for the night :)