We're ready ... Right?

Delilah's POV

I finish off Brin's lunch and school bag with a few minutes spare so she decides to play on her Ipad whilst I take Immie off Jay so he can get dressed. I sit down on our bed with Immie, doing her hair up into space buns like the ones I just did on Brin meaning their matching today which is too adorable for me to handle. After I'm done I give Immie some snuggles, and look over at Jay, "As much as I love her brown eyes I kinda want this baby to have your green eyes." I say to Jay and he looks over at me. "Yeah?" He asks. "Yes, I love your eyes, the only problem would be I couldn't say no to them." I say. "Well then you would know how I feel everyday with the three of you and your irresistible brown eyes, and guess what it's all your fault." Jay says leaning in and kissing me passionately. "Oh is it now." I say as we pull away. "You know it is." Jay says taking Immie out of my arms as I grab her diaper bag and my purse off the bed. When I have them both slinged over my shoulder he takes my hand as we walk out into the front hall where Brin is putting on her shoes and we do the same. Then Jay picks up her bag and takes my bags as I place Immie in her car seat and Brin gets into her booster seat. After strapping Immie in and making sure Brin is clipped in I hop in the passenger side, Jay jumping into the drivers side, both of us clipping in our seatbelts before Jay starts the car.

5 Minutes later

Jay's POV

We pull up at Brin's school and Brin leans forward and we both give her a kiss wishing her a great day at school before she grabs her bag off the floor and heads out the door towards her school gate. Once we watch her walk through the gate we pull out of the parking lot and head towards med for Lilah's appointment at 9:30 which is in 40 minutes, and it takes 25 minutes to get their giving us fifteen minutes so we aren't rushing or stressing about parking or traffic.

25 Minutes Later

Delilah's POV

We arrive at med and I grab Immie out of her car seat as Jay grabs her stroller out of the trunk, getting it ready for me to place Immie in. We walk through the entrance of med and sit in the waiting room until Nat walks out and calls us through. We go into one of the bays and Nat gives us all a hug before she closes the doors behind us, as I hop onto the bed, Jay sits down onto the chair and lets Immie sit on his lap. "Hi sweet girl." Nat says to Immie who immediately recognizes Nat climbing down from Jay's lap to give her a hug before returning to Jay who picks her up and returns her to his lap. Nat then grabs up all the test results from when I came in when Jay was at work to get the boring stuff such as blood work and all pregnancy no's done the other day. "Okay your blood levels are all good, everything looks normal and good and from the tests I would estimate your just over 12 weeks along." Nat says. "Okay do you want to see your baby." Nat says holding the ultrasound wand, both of us nodding and I look over at Jay and smile. Nat places the gel and then wand onto my stomach which is just as cold as I remember. Both Jay and I are looking up at the monitor and I couldn't tell at first glance at Jay if he noticed it but what was on the ultrasound monitor is not the same as the first pregnancy. "I can tell Lilah's noticed what's on the monitor and she is right, you guys are having twins, congratulations." Natalie says and I see Jay's eyes wided with shock, good shock followed by overwhelming joy. He squeezes my hand which he has been holding from the moment we sat down. He picks up Immie who is too distracted by the new environment to be interested enough on why were really here. Jay picks up Immie and stands up and kisses me on the lips as Nat is printing out the ultrasound images for us to take home. She hands them to Lilah giving her a big hug saying, "Congratulations." before she gives me another hug. "How many more weeks are you working?" I ask Nat as I can see she's nearing her due date. "I've got a month to go before my due date, and I may as well just work till the end, It's easier being at a hospital, I was on shift when I had Owen and that worked so I'm going to try and work till my water breaks I guess." Nat says and I nod in agreement. "Perks of working at the hospital." I say and we both laugh. We say goodbye to Nat, taking the ultrasound images home. When we get in the car I look over at Jay and he kisses me, "We're ready for four kids right." He asks. "As long as I've got you I'm ready for anything." I say and he leans in and kisses me. "You are the most amazing woman ever, I love you so much." Jay says. "I love you so much too Jay Halstead and you are the most amazing father, husband and man, and I personally am spoilt to have you in my life." I say squeezing his hand, staring adoringly into his green eyes. On the way home we quickly stop off at the local target to place the photo Stella is going to take for us this weekend with Immie in a onesie that we've already purchased reading big sister. "Are we going to tell them it's twins babe?" He asks. "Well I had an idea but if you hate it we don't have to but I was thinking we could keep it a secret and I'll only tell Stella, Kelly then Nat and Will will know too so then when there born it's a surprise for everyone." I say and Jay smiles at the idea. "I love it, we should definitely do that." Jay says. "Yeah, okay then, that's settled." I say smiling over at him as we pull up outside of Target.