She Knows

Two Days Later

Sylvie's POV

I wake up at Lilah's and put my shift clothes on. I hear a knock at my door. "Who is it." I ask. "It's just me." Lilah says. "Come in, I'm just about ready." I say. "Okay, give me five minutes and then we will be good to leave." Lilah says. "Sounds good." I say finishing off my hair. I sigh as I take off my engagement ring and put it in my shift pants pocket.

Ten Minutes Later at Shift

Sylvie's POV

I head straight to Matt's office knowing I need to do this in private and I can't put it off any longer than I already have. I knock and Matt looks surprised to see me. "Look Sylvie I'm sorry." Matt says but I cut him off. "I'm only here to give this back." I say placing the ring into his hand and his jaw drops before I walk away. "Sylvie please hear me out." Matt says but I block him out and continue to walk away. I walk to the bathroom and breakdown. Although I know it had to be done it didn't change that it hurt me so much. It hit me in that moment that I'm going to be alone having this baby. It's going to be nothing like I imagined. Me and Matt doing this together and us being a big happy family. I hear the door open and pull myself off the floor and quickly wipe away my tears. Stella and Lilah walk in giggling and laughing looking at something on Stella's phone. They look up at me and their expressions change. "Hey are you okay." Lilah says as she looks up. "I did it and it was harder than I thought it would be." I say and they both give me a big hug. "I know it's hard girl, I had to do it and it killed me but I knew it was for the best and if i was to go through with it, it would all be a lie and I would be lying to everyone I love." Lilah says as she squeezes me tighter. "I want to kill Gabby." Stella says. "No, it's okay, she can have him." I say. "Who's hungry." Lilah says to lighten the mood. "Let's go eat, I think Cruz is cooking for once." Stella says. We all walk out into the common room. I can feel the tension between me, Casey, and Gabby as soon as I walk in. I couldn't even look at them and Stella, Lilah and I sit down on the opposite side of the room.

Mouch's POV

I sit on the couch in my spot and witness Brett, Halstead and Kidd walk into the room, they're obviously avoiding something, I look to the other side of the room and see Casey and Dawson who have the same look on my face. "Oh fun, firehouse tension." I think to myself. As much as I'm curious I really don't want to get involved especially since it involves Chief, making it a dangerous game to play.

Sylvie's POV

We are all about to eat when the bells ring. "Ambo 61, Truck 81, Engine 51, Squad 3, Battalion 25, Storage Facility Fire, 21 and Detroit." "That doesn't sound good." Lilah says. "Agreed." I say. We all run off to our vehicles fast knowing this is going to be a bad one.

Stella's POV

I run to the truck and Casey yells out to me. "Kidd, I want you to stay outside of the building, I'll swap out for you." Casey says and I nod knowing it's best to keep the baby safe. We arrive at the scene, cops are surrounding the place and it appears as though Sylvie, Lilah and Violet arrived first. We see smoke rolling out of a two-storey storage facility, puzzled why the police are on scene. I walk over to them to get the details. "How come the police presence." I ask. "The intelligence unit is running an investigation and them and a team of forensics were collecting evidence when the building lit up, most likely someone trying to destroy evidence." A police sergeant says. When I hear intelligence my heart drops for Lilah, hopefully Jay will get out but for the mean time I need to focus on getting everyone out instead of focusing on the if's. "How long have they been in there since it went up?" I ask the same sergeant. "Five minutes, we thought more people would be out, but there trapped inside then they went dark which was weird, there should be no interference." The sergeant says. I am more concerned after that answer, the roof could have caved in on them. I radio through to Casey telling him the situation and he agrees with me and my concerns. They all head in leaving just Ambo and I outside. I feel so bad every time I look over at Lilah for withholding this information from her, but I deep down know it's the right decision, she can't be distracted, not now especially with the amount of victims they need to prepare for. I go to radio through to Casey and the others when I hear glass shattering and realise everyone needs to get out, fast. I radio through to anyone. "Emergency, all personnel evacuate the building immediately." I say and I can feel the worry striking me even more. I see all four of us staring at the building with fear in our eyes. I'm worried for Kelly and I can tell Lilah is too so I don't know how she would react if she found out Jay was in there. I see the door fall and see everyone from 51 carrying workers, parts of the forensic team and the intelligence unit out of the building.

Delilah's POV

I see the rest of intelligence walk out of the building and it hits me Jay was in there; I look through the crowd for him, but I can't see him.

Stella's POV

My heart sinks. I can't see Kelly or Jay and Lilah just realised intelligence was in there and I can see her panicking from the corner of my eye. "Where's Kelly?" I ask Cruz. "He went back for Jay." Cruz replies worried. "SEVERIDE GET OUT OF THERE NOW." I scream down the radio. "I'm coming out now, I found Jay he saw this little girl and mother and refused to leave without them." Kelly says and I feel a weight lift of my shoulders. I see Kelly and Jay walk out of the building carrying a mother and daughter in their arms. "Jay places the young girl down on the gurney before Lilah gives him a big hug. "You scared me, but good save in there babe." She says giving him a kiss on the lips. "And by the way you need to get checked out, so go see one of the medics." Lilah says and I laugh. As he walks away I see her guard fall down and she puts her head in her hands. They finish patching up the mother and daughter at the scene before taking the daughter and heading to the hospital. I give Kelly a massive hug. "If Jay wouldn't have spotted that mother and daughter, we would have missed them, he did good today, make sure Lilah knows that." Kelly says. "She knows." I say hugging Kelly tightly.

AN: Hey guys, I know I've been super relaxed when it comes to posting, but i'll try to post more since I'm starting to gain more free time, also i feel like i've got over my writers block. :)