Good To Be Home

Delilah's POV

Jay pulls me into a tight hug on his lap, "Why didn't you just tell us you didn't want to get the meds in the first place instead of lying to all of us baby?" Jay says before kissing my cheek. "Because I knew You, Kelly and Stella would talk me out of it." I say. "I just can't almost loose someone I love in exchange for me to not be in pain, because last time it caused more bad than good." I say and he turns me to face him, "It's not like last time and although I don't know what happened what I do know is I don't like seeing you in pain so I'm grabbing you some paracetamol no buts about it and Stella wants to talk to you so I'll send her in. I love you Liles." Jay says before kissing me on the forehead. As he pulls away, I grab his hand and pull him back in close. I kiss his lips before pulling away, so our faces are only millimetres apart. "I love you too Jay." I say before kissing him once more. He walks out the room and Stella walks in and gives me a big hug. "Im sorry, I'm so so sorry, you shouldn't be the one suffering I'm the one who messed up back then and you're the one paying the price now, on top of that im the reason your hurt." Stella says really fast. Tears streaming down her face. She goes to say more but I cut her off. "Stella look it's not your fault, especially what happened. Yes the decision I'm making is partially to do with what happened after my knee surgery when we were 16, but at the same time it's not." I say. "Lilah please, I love you, we all love you and I know you and that's how I know you like to act tough and play down how much pain you're in. So please just take your meds and if not for me, or Jay, or Kelly or even yourself do it for Brin and Immie. They need you Lilah and so do I." Stella says putting down the paper bag still in tears before walking out of my room. I fall back onto my bed and cry. Jay walks back in and sits on the edge of the bed, he can sense I want to be alone but I know he won't let me do that. I reach out my hand for him and he lays next to me stroking my head softly. "I know you know which of your options I would prefer you do but just know whatever you decide I'll support you." Jay says before kissing me on the cheek. "Do you think I'm making a big mistake?" I ask. "Well it sounds like you have a good reason and intentions behind it all to me." Jay says. I exhale heavily. "It was just a hard year and after how amazing this year has been I don't want to lose that; I don't want to lose any of you guys." I say and Jay nods. "It all started when I had knee surgery and the meds, I got Stella overdosed on, I felt terrible, responsible all of the above and they gave her a 5% chance of survival. She was out for 2 weeks and the day she woke up they were about to take her off life support and the guilt overtook me so I grabbed a scalpel in the medical draws, and you know put it to my neck and as if she wouldn't have opened her eyes in that moment I wouldn't be here." I say trying to stop myself from crying. "Hey hey, look your both here right now and that's what matters. What is it that firefighters always say don't think about the lives you lost but the ones you saved, Basically what I'm saying is don't focus on what could happen focus on what you know will happen for example you won't be in the pain that you're in right now, and before you say your fine I see you pinching your leg to redirect the pain. Here at least take these." Jay says placing 3 paracetamol tablets in my hand and then holding a glass of water. I swallow the tablets without the water and lay back down on the bed and close my eyes due to the killer headache I have. "Your right, I hate to admit it but your right, I need to remember that just because it happened once it doesn't mean it will happen again." I say. "What are you saying?" Jay asks. "I'll take them, but not for me, but for you." I say and Jay kisses my forehead before grabbing the paper bag of the bedside table and passing it to me. "I'll need the water this time babe." I say and he chuckles as I sit up and start swallowing the multiple medications. I lay down and snuggle in with Jay. "I'm sorry for everything these past few days, I don't know what I would have done without you." I say before kissing him. "I don't know what I would do without you either." Jay says. "I think Brin hates me for it, she hasn't said a word to me since the hospital." I say. "She'll come around; she's just trying to process the fact she almost lost you." Jay says. "I broke her didn't I." I say as a tear trickle down my face. "She loves you so if she wasn't upset about the situation, I would be extremely surprised." Jay says and I nod snuggling closer into him.

Jay's POV

Lilah falls asleep snuggled into me, and I test the waters to see if she's fully out and she passes so I slowly pull myself out of her grasp before kissing her head and walking out of the room.

3 hours later

Delilah's POV

"Brin time for bed." I call through the house, and I hear Brin walk to the bathroom to brush her teeth. I walk in on my crutches behind her and snuggle her tight before tickling her. She giggles and I kiss her head before leaving her to brush her teeth. Jay walks past me with a fast asleep Immie in his arms and I smile. Brin finishes up in the bathroom before walking to her bedroom. "Under the blanket little missy." I say as I pull the blanket out from under her. I sit next to her and ask, "Where are we up to in Harry Potter?" "Can we just snuggle in tonight?" Brin asks. "Of course, baby." I say kissing her forehead. "I thought I was going to lose you too momma" Brin says sadly. "You're not going to get rid of me that easily especially when you, your sissy and Dad are waiting for me to come home." I say before kissing her forehead. "I love you so so much." I say before tickling her making her laugh and she tickles me, and I laugh. Jay walks in and kisses her cheek and hugs her before we both stand up "Goodnight munchkin, I love you!" I say. "Goodnight Brin, sleep well, I love youuu." Jay says. "I love you too." She says and I turn off her light and we walk out of her room well Jay helps me walk out so I don't have to use my crutches. As we shut the door Jay grabs my hand and squeezes it. "It feels good to be home." He says and I nod as he kisses my hand.