20 Percent Chance

Will's POV

I hear the door to the doctor's lounge open and see Jay standing right outside the open door. "Dou you have a minute." He asks in a voice quieter than usual. "Yeah of course. I say and Jay walks in and sits down on the chair next to me. He pulls me into a hug which shocks me since it doesn't happen often. I embrace him back and he says, "I can't lose her Will, I can't do this without her, I can't raise Brin and Immie alone, I just can't." Jay says tears streaming down his face. "Hey, stay positive, and if the worst-case scenario does pan out, I'm assuring you, you won't be alone, everyone around you will support you, including me." I say. "Brin can't lose another parent Will, it'll break her, I saw how her face sunk when I told her about Lilah, and I'm trying with every bone in my body to be strong for her, but I can't." Jay says and I hug him.

Gabby's POV

I head off to the day-care centre to pick up Kelly and Stella's kids as well as my own. I grab Mason's hand and as soon as I do, he starts saying, "Where's mommy and daddy?" In that moment I feel so bad for him, he's so young and there's the possibility he could lose his mom and maybe even his dad, but I know I have to stay positive for him. I load all the kids up from the car stopping at the elementary school to pick up Ellie before heading back to Med.

4 hours later

Natalie's POV

I get paged to Kelly's room, I walk over to his room and am met by Monique who says, "I think he's waking up." "That he is." I say. "Hey, Kelly, can you hear me." I say and Kelly tries to talk. "Hey Kelly, were going to get this tube out for you." I say and he nods.

Kelly's POV

I wake up and see Natalie. Although my head is throbbing, I just need to know why I am at med. I try to look around the room for Stella, but I can't see her with the bed rails and all. "Hey Kelly, try not to move too much." Natalie says as she begins to pull out the tube. I gag as the tube reaches my vocal cords and couch a few times as my mouth is super dry. "Where's Stella." I ask as Natalie sits me up. "We'll talk about Stella in a second but first let's focus on you." Natalie says. "Please Natalie, I need to know if she's okay." I say with desperation. "She's in the room next to you Kelly, unconscious and intubated among other things." Natalie says and I begin to tear up. "Do you remember anything, why you're here, what happened before." Natalie asks. I rub my eyes before saying, "The last thing I remember was Lilah, Stella and I in the locker room, and we heard a noise almost ticking and that's the last thing I remember." I start to process what I just said and put the pieces together. "it was a bombing?" I ask and Natalie nods. "As far as we know, Intelligence and OFI are on the case." Natalie says. "Can I see Stella, please." I beg. "I'm sorry Kelly, no one can go see them just yet there too critical, I can get you anyone from 51 or Jay but unfortunately, I can't let you see her at this time." Natalie says and I nod. "Can I at least see my kids." I say and Nat nods. "I'll get them up here.

Natalie's POV

I walk out into the waiting room and see 51 all still sitting in the same location as 8 hours ago when the three were brought in. As they see me they all stand up with hope, I see the little ones asleep in their carriers and Brin snuggled into Jay her eyes red. "Kelly's awake and requesting to see Ivy and Mason." I say and they all turn and hug each other. "Anything on Lilah or Stella?" Sylvie asks. "I was just talking to Doctor Hammer, Marcel and Halstead and they've said they'll at least be out for another few hours, and in about an hour or so they should be allowed small amounts of visitors, maybe two at a time." I say and they all smile. "Who's taking the little ones up, Kelly can only have a few visitors right now." I say and Gabby, Matt, Joe and Brin put their hands up. "Gabby, do you mind taking her, she wants to see him." Jay says and Gabby nods. She grabs Brins hand picking up Ivy, Matt picking up Mason.

Kelly's POV

I watch Gabby, Matt and Joe walk through the door with Brin, Ivy and Mason in toe. "Daddy." Mason calls as he sees me reaching his arms out to me. I take him from Matt and place him softly on my lap. I squeeze him tight giving him a kiss on the head. "Where's mommy?" Mason says after looking around the room and not seeing his mom. "Mommy is sleeping in another room right now bud." I say with tears. Brin pulls a chair from the side of the room next to my bed and gives me kiss on the forehead which I return. "I'm glad you're okay Uncle Kelly." Brin says and I smile. Gabby passes me Ivy and I kiss her. "Hey sweetie." I say holding her to my chest. She grabs onto my shirt and snuggles into my chest. She looks up from my chest at me and as I look at her all I see is her mom which makes me shed a few more tears. "Have you guys heard anything else?" I ask Gabby, Matt and Joe. "They said we'll be able to see them in a bit but..." Gabby says stopping before walking up to me and whispering, "Brin doesn't know this but there is a chance they both won't wake up Kel." After Gabby says that I feel like breaking down. "What's the chance?" I ask. "20 percent chance." Gabby says. "That's still 80 percent in your favour man." Matt reminds me and I nod. I hear machines blaring and doctors run into a nearby room. "Who's room is that." I ask Matt and he peaks his head outside. "It looks like Lilah's." He says and I can see fear rush to all our faces.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry that the last few chapters have been super sad, and i can't promise the next one will be happy either x