The Feeling I Didn't Miss

2 Months Later

Stella's POV

I wake up to the alarm properly for the first time in a few months, I'm finally back on the job after the doctor cleared me the previous day but this time it's different. The entire experience once again brought up the fear that came after having Mason, the fear of not making it home to them at night. I put on my shift clothes and breathe in as I look at myself in the mirror, I remember how shredded, and blood stained our old ones were and can't help but picture that as I stare at my reflection. Kelly walks up behind me and immediately recognizes the look on my face and softly places his hands on my shoulders before kissing my forehead and I snuggle into his arm. He kisses me once more before we remove our grip from each other and grab our things before dropping Mase and Ivy off at day care before heading to the firehouse.

Delilah's POV

I'm standing at the kitchen countertop chopping fruit for Brin's lunch when Jay walks past kissing my forehead as he goes by. "First day back Babe, how are you feeling?" Jay asks. "Excited to get out of this house to do something other than shopping or errands." I say. Jay walks behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, "I'm going to miss having you home tonight so I'm going to have to make up for it now." Jay says turning me to face him. He pulls me into a kiss stroking my hair and caressing my waist with each hand.

30 Mins Later

Stella's POV

I park up at shift and see Lilah pull up at the same time. We both begin walking towards each other and giving each other a big hug. I can see she's feeling the same way as me. We walk into shift and as were about to walk through the doors on the app floor to the common room the bells go off. We chuck our bags down on the squad table before running to the rigs. Lilah jumps in the driving seat, I in the front seat. After about 10 more seconds Mouch, Gallo, Kylie and Gabby are all in the truck and we head off to the scene. "Truck 81 be advised there are reports of multiple victims inside." Main says through the radio. "Copy that Main." I say through the radio. We pull up to the scene and all jump out. Chief calls Kelly, Herrmann, Lilah and I over. "Squad you guys start a primary search." Chief says and Kelly nods. "Truck your assisting the primary search and getting the airol up." Chief says and Lilah and I nod. We walk back over to our company and I say, "Mouch, Gallo get the airol up, Estevez, Dawson, Halstead with me, mask up, we're assisting squad with a primary search." I say and they nod.

Kelly's POV

I walk deeper into the fire Cruz by my side, Capp and Tony not far behind when Casey's voice booms through the radio. "All companies evacuate immediately, I repeat all companies evacuate immediately." We all turn around to make our way to the exit when a large beam followed by drywall and tiles falls between Capp and Tony and Cruz and I, blocking off our exit route. As I turn to look for Cruz I can't see him, all I can see is his helmet a few centimetres in front of my feet. "Cruz." I yell, which echoes through the building. "Under here." I here a croaky voice say. I walk over to where I heard the voice and start to pull off the smaller pieces of rubble one by one until I can't lift anymore.

Stella's POV

I stand outside next to Lilah and Casey waiting for what feels like forever for Kelly and Cruz to finally exit the building when a call comes through the radio. "Chief I'm okay, I've got Cruz he is pinned under some rubble that is blocking our exit, I'm going to need some assistance pulling the rubble off him." Kelly says and my heart sinks. Casey signals for me and Lilah to go back in with Capp and Tony. Capp and Tony grab some of their gear whilst Lilah and I grab our halligan as well as a back board and c-collar before following them in. By the time we get in there it only takes a minute to get Cruz out from underneath the rubble and onto the backboard, but also by that time he was unconscious. We all rush him outside just in the nick of time as the building flashes over seconds after we exited. We bring Cruz over to Violet and Sylvie who examine him before rushing him to med. I look over at Kelly and let out a sigh of relief, we embrace for a few seconds, and I kiss his forehead before we break off to head to our rigs. I look over at him as I walk and I know for certain I'm back on the job. The feeling is one thing I didn't miss when I was off the job.

Kelly's POV

We all follow Ambo to med and wait in the famous waiting room I was hoping not to be back at for a while and I can tell the others felt the same. Stella and the rest of the truck company walk through the door. A few seconds after they sit down on some available seats a large crashing sound and yelling followed by the power flickering off occurs. I look over at Lilah and Stella, then Casey and Gabby who all have shocked and concerned looks on their faces. 

AN: Sorry for being so laxed these last few weeks when it comes to posting, I'm trying to get my rhythm back more with posting but I'm always just so busy especially with all the important tests I have coming up :) Tell me what you think is about to happen as a result of the crash and the flickering of the lights in that chapter in the comments :)