Useless Arm

Thursday – 2 days Later

Delilah's POV

I hop in the car Jay carrying my bag in my left hand whilst Jay straps in the twins, Immie and Brin on the morning drop off to school and day-care. The twins and Imm being in day-care due to it being a Thursday the day I usually help out at the academy and girls on fire with Stella. However due to my lack of use in my arm Jay and the rest of the unit suggested I come spend the day with them instead of by myself at home. Once everyone's buckled, we make our way to the two stops before arriving outside the 21st. Jay opens the door for me, and I get out. "What a gentleman." I say in response to his door opening act. Jay holds one tray of coffee and I the other as he buzzes us up to the intelligence bullpen. Not surprisingly we are the last ones in so as we walk up the stairs everyone is already onto their paperwork. We place the coffee tray's down before everyone welcomes me Adam immediately taking a crack at me and my lack of an arm. We hand out the coffee's before Jay pulls out the stack of paperwork he needs to complete. "Babe how are you that far behind." I ask looking at the pile of at least 15 case files. Kim obviously hears me and replies. "Lilah honestly all of us well except Adam have that much paperwork to do." "Hey, I only have 1,2,3,4... yeah I see where your coming from." Adam says in defeat. I start working on some of my own paperwork from last shift only having two case reports unlike Jay but having to type them one handed due to the stupid annoying brace which I've already debated removing multiple times. I look up from my computer and see Jay just staring aimlessly at the paper. "Babe, that report isn't going to write itself." I say softly. He looks at me and I know exactly what he's playing at and he knows I don't have the strength to say no to him. So I sigh and whisper, "How about this, for each report finished you get a kiss and if you finish them all, I'll cook your favourite dinner tonight." I say with a smirk, and he nods. "I think that's a deal." He says with a matching smirk. "You make me crazy." I whisper before returning to my computer.

2 hours later

Jay's POV

I finish my last piece of paperwork definitely in agreeance with myself with the fact that this is the fastest I've ever completed my paperwork. Lilah walks around to me around me having already completed her paperwork before placing a soft kiss to my neck. I grab her hand and pull her into my lap placing a matching kiss to her forehead. "Get a room guys." Hailey jokingly says. We laugh and I just kiss Lilah on the lips before we pull away. We hear the door to Hank's office open and he announces, "We've caught a hostage situation. Hailey stay here with Lilah we'll keep you updated." "Be safe out there." Lilah says as she climbs off my lap so I can grab my gear. I place a soft kiss to her lips before walking off and mouthing I love you which she responds to also mouthing I love you too Jay. I grab my gear and gun from the safe before walking down the back corridor shooting Lilah one last glance before I do.

Delilah's POV

Hailey and I watch as the unit heads down the corridor towards the back stairs. I can tell Hailey hates the fact she can't go with them and I get it so I roll over to her desk on Jay's wheelie chair in attempt to keep her company. She has her computer pulled up ready for if anyone from the unit radios through for info. "Hows desk duty treating you?" I ask starting the conversation. "I just hate being sidelined, like at least I can still go to the scene after its been cleared and do stuff from back here but it's still not the same you know." Hailey says. "I hear you I've done every different type of half duty and I don't care how much being on ambo still lets me do but it's not the same like for example with this stupid shoulder they said I could work ofi for the 4-6 weeks I cant work for I turned it down it's worse than not working I would prefer the time with my kids and my husband you know." I say and Hailey nods. "How's the shoulder going." Hailey asks. "I hate this brace with a passion, its worse than the injury and I can only take It off to sleep and to shower but I cant raise it above 90 degrees." I say. "I totally get that like I feel the not totally working is almost worse than the pregnancy well at least so far." Hailey says. "Are you excited to meet this little one." I ask. "Omg yes, we don't know the gender yet but were finding out in just under 7 weeks so that's exciting." Hailey says. "Well that's gonna be one cute kid that's all I know." I say. "They are aren't they." Hailey says and I laugh. "I can't believe how big your girls are getting though." Hailey says. "Oh man yeah it's crazy like how are Ana and Sav almost 8 months old, its crazy." I say. "Are you guys happy with 4 or are you going to have more." Hailey asks. "Uhh well I think we want another I think we both know we kinda want to try for a little boy. But in all honesty its just hard like with the twins it took us a bit to get pregnant again and then we had the whole bombing thing so that kinda halted it all and then now well basically the doctor said no sex till im back at full duty in work so probably another 6 weeks. I think were still gonna go for it regardless of that though." I say. "Yeah do you also think its so much easier to get pregnant with your first then because well look at me like I got pregnant very close to my wedding and you and Jay it didn't take too long after your wedding either." Hailey says and I nod. "Oh definitely I think having 1 already just makes it so much harder to find the alone time too so I think that plays a part in it. Also because like you said I got pregnant like 5 months after our wedding but im telling you there's a good chance it would have been sooner if we didn't want to wait and If I wasn't on the pill and with Brin well she was a honeymoon baby no time wasted there haha." I say. We hear footsteps coming up the stairs before we see Jay followed by Ness and Kev walk up the stairs. "That was fast." Hailey says. "Yeah easy grab Hanks got Ruze and Kim tackling the interview." Jay says.

A few hours later

Jay's POV

After nothing but the small pinch in the middle off the day Hank lets Lilah, Kim, Adam, Hailey and I go home early and pick up the kids or in Hailey's case rest. We grab Brin from the middle school before heading to day-care to pick up the littlest three. I pick up each of them up and load them in the car due to Lilah's lack of arm movement due to the brace however she's still helpful as she checks on Brin's seatbelt in the back row whilst the littlest three are seated in the middle.

Later that night

Delilah's POV

Every few or so years I have to head to New York for a few days to do a few important meetings, deals and other businessy with the company I co CEO with a good friend from when I worked in New York as a Ballerina. The company that was my mom's. The company she created so I could have a better life. The company my dad killed her over. However, this year I'm thinking of making it a vacation a family vacation. I have some of the best memories with my mom in New York when she used to take me there for New Year's or just to spend the day at work with her in her office which is now mine. I look over at Jay and I know I want to go with him and our family between Christmas and New Years (but not on those days as I want Ana and Sav's first Christmas's to be at home) so I say, "Babe what do you think of taking a trip this December to New York with the kids."