Everything Clicked

Gabby's POV

I follow Matt towards Boden's old office. It looks the same from a far but when you get closer you see all Matt's photos and trophies instead of Boden's. I walk in and he tells me to sit down. "Well, if you want to be back on this shift at 51 you would have to work truck, we don't have a spot open on Ambo." Matt says. "I'll take it." I say. "I'm hoping you'll listen to the two you trained, and it won't be awkward to listen to their authority or orders." Matt says. "I give you, my word." I say and Matt nods. "I'll get the paperwork started then, and also are you happy to start next shift?" Matt asks. "That would be amazing." I say. "It's good to see you again." Matt says. "It's good to see you too, it's been too long." I say. "It has been." He says. "So much has happened, like you and Brett, how long has that been going on." I say. "You noticed that." Matt says a little surprised. "I think even Capp could pick up on that." I say and we both laugh. "I'll see you next shift then, or maybe at Molly's who knows." Matt says. "Yeah, see you." I say. I hug him before walking out to find Lilah. I see her and walk over to her. "Hey Liles, can I have Stella and Kelly's address, I want to surprise them." I say. "Umm sure." She says grabbing a piece of paper. "What." I say seeing her with a puzzled look on her face. "I know where they live right, but I can't remember which street it's on." Lilah says and I laugh. "Don't worry I do that too." I say. "Aha, it came to me, 702, West 17th Street." Lilah says. "Thank you." I say taking the piece of paper she passes me.

20 minutes Later

Gabby's POV

I finally locate the address Lilah gave me. I walk in and go up the elevator to floor 7. I find 702 and knock on the door.

Stella's POV

I look through the porthole in the door and can believe who I'm seeing. "Who is it Babe." Kelly yells from the other room. "It's Gabby." I say before opening the door. Kelly walks over to the door with me. "Omg Hi." I say as I give Gabby a big hug. "I didn't know you were back in Chicago." Kelly says. "Well, I am, and this time I'm staying." Gabby says. "What, you're moving back." I say. "Yeah, I just got a spot on Truck at 51, I start next shift." Gabby says. "You get stuck with Lilah though for a bit instead of me." I say with a laugh. At that moment Mason beginnings to cry. "I'll go get him Babe." Kelly says walking towards Mason's room. "Sit down, do you want a coffee or anything." I ask Gabby. "I'm alright, thanks though." Gabby says and I go to sit next to her on the couch. "Lilah showed me photos of him at 51, he looks like a cutie." Gabby says. "Do you want to meet him." I say. "I would love to." Gabby says. "Kelly, can you bring Mase out here." I yell. "Yeah, give me a sec babe." Kelly yells back. "He's changed." Gabby says. "Yeah, he has, this whole dad thing has changed him just like Lilah said." I say. "It's suits the two of you though." Gabby says and Kelly begins to bring Mason out. He passes him to Gabby. "The photos do not do his eyes justice, they're even bluer in person." Gabby says. "He's got his daddy's eyes." I say as Kelly sits down next to me and puts his arm around me. "He sure does." Gabby says. "Did Lilah fill you in on everything that's happened around 51 since you've been gone." Kelly asks. "Yeah, she did, I can't believe Casey made Chief and Boden's gone, that she got married and you guys had this little guy." Gabby says. "A lot has happened." I say. "I'll say." Gabby says. "How come you're back in Chicago?" I ask. "Well, I was living in Florida for a while, but I missed Chicago in all honesty and Florida just wasn't my speed." Gabby says. "Where are you staying?" Kelly asks. "A hotel for now." Gabby says. We talk for a while more before Gabby leaves but before she goes she says, "If you guys can come I think everyone's going to Molly's tomorrow to celebrate my return if you're up for it." "We will see what we can do." I say.

Back At The Firehouse

Delilah's POV

I walk into the locker room to grab some chocolate from my stash and see Brett sitting on the benches in the locker room. I walk over to her and see that she's extremely pale. "Hey, are you okay, you look a bit pale?" I ask. She stands up and runs to the bathroom. I follow concerned. She throws up before wiping her face and standing up. "I think I ate something funny last night." Brett says. "Do you need some paracetamol?" I ask. "No, I should be fine." Brett says before looking like she's going to throw up again. "Have you just started to feel like this?" I say. "Yeah, it's weird." Brett says. She doesn't end throwing up but I sit with her for a while to make sure she's okay. "Maybe you just needed to get it out of your system." I say

The Next Morning

Sylvie's POV

I felt guilty for lying to Lilah all night about feeling sick just today when I've been feeling yuck all week. I sat up and everything clicked. I walk to Matt's office and close the door behind me.

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, i might not be able to post tomorrow but I hopefully will be able to so I posted this just incase :)